• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cryptopunks for sale

34 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Plus, it's not a drooling zombie like some of the others.

Do you know if I buy one of these and “own” it whether I am allowed to delete it ?

These things creep me out. I don’t even want to have this on my hard drive in my house. Too spooky. 

Edited by Peter G

22 minutes ago, Matches_Malone said:

Kubert Spiderman NFT sells for 12.75 ETH

Jason Schachter, as mentioned in the article, Essential Sequential reps the artists in that article.

@nexus and Jason will be on on ComicArtLive's youtube channel next Tuesday, 2/23, discussing NFT.

Regardless of the artistic merits, price, rarity, etc... some non-comic but pro-finance website has a screenshot.

I wonder how the owner feels about that.  And how would I feel the same if a scan from one of my CAF galleries was on the same site ?

And the image being a "one of a kind", what if the Kubert had the same image but tweaked the palette a little (e.g. turn up the contrast a smidge), well now you have another "one of a kind" NFT. 

I wonder how long before CAF has "NFT" choice under Media Type ??

Edited by Will_K

7 minutes ago, Will_K said:

Jason Schachter, as mentioned in the article, Essential Sequential reps the artists in that article.

@nexus and Jason will be on on ComicArtLive's youtube channel next Tuesday, 2/23, discussing NFT.

Regardless of the artistic merits, price, rarity, etc... some non-comic but pro-finance website has a screenshot.

I wonder how the owner feels about that.  And how would I feel the same if a scan from one of my CAF galleries was on the same site ?

And the image being a "one of a kind", what if the Kubert had the same image but tweaked the palette a little (e.g. turn up the contrast a smidge), well now you have another "one of a kind" NFT. 

I wonder how long before CAF has "NFT" choice under Media Type ??

Some of been saying for a long time that displaying the art devalues it 

30 minutes ago, Matches_Malone said:

Do I own the rights of the artwork if I purchase the NFT? Potentially I could create hundreds of "original prints" since Im the sole owner of the NFT

Now that is an interesting question. And why would a publisher grant such a lucrative right ? My gut says no. But then that begs the question what is the value of such a limited NFT 

Edited by Peter G

33 minutes ago, Matches_Malone said:

Do I own the rights of the artwork if I purchase the NFT? Potentially I could create hundreds of "original prints" since Im the sole owner of the NFT

My guess would be 'no'. Same with 'analogue' OA. Purchasing the art doesn't automatically give you publishing rights, which is a separate cost in itself.

40 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Some of been saying for a long time that displaying the art devalues it 

I've heard this before. Similar to not putting your art in a CAF gallery so it's fresh to market at time of sale. Why would that be? Surely the more people who see the art, the more there'll be who desire it? 

27 minutes ago, Peter G said:
40 minutes ago, Matches_Malone said:

Now that is an interesting question. And why would a publisher grant such a lucrative right ? My gut says no. But then that begs the question what is the value of such a limited NFT 

If I take a screenshot of Kubert's Spider-Man, crop it and add a border, can I sell it as a totally new NFT ??

17 hours ago, Peter G said:

Do you know if I buy one of these and “own” it whether I am allowed to delete it ?

These things creep me out. I don’t even want to have this on my hard drive in my house. Too spooky. 

Can't delete it (because blockchain), but it's stored on a digital wallet (not on your hard drive), and can be sent into oblivion (a defunct digital wallet address).

But why do that instead of selling for x 999999999?  }:-)  Get yourself all the OA in the world...