• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cryptopunks for sale

34 posts in this topic

Fwiw, there are even fewer safeguards against market making, shilling, etc. as things stand in the space.  I have my doubts to go with the wow factor.  Not just chugging the Kool-Aid.  Although sale of NFTs is now literally helping me fund a physical Frazetta. I will do that 10 times outta 10.

Edited by exitmusicblue

17 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Can't delete it (because blockchain), but it's stored on a digital wallet (not on your hard drive), and can be sent into oblivion (a defunct digital wallet address).

But why do that instead of selling for x 999999999?  }:-)  Get yourself all the OA in the world...

Yes of course. I suppose I would want to delete just to make a point. 🖕🏾 But that would be only temporarily satisfying. Your idea is much better. 

2 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

So is herpes.

You are so old fashioned. Herpes isn’t real. There is no reality any more.

These millennials and gen z have never even experienced a recession. And 2009 doesn’t count, that was a shallow recession and the beginning of the next phase of the money printing 

It is no coincidence that bitcoin was introduced right when the trillion dollar platinum coin just first began discussion 

Copper is on fire today and gold slumps 

So, to me that begs the question, is herpes real if we pretend it’s not 😏

47 minutes ago, Peter G said:

You are so old fashioned. Herpes isn’t real. There is no reality any more.

These millennials and gen z have never even experienced a recession. And 2009 doesn’t count, that was a shallow recession and the beginning of the next phase of the money printing 

It is no coincidence that bitcoin was introduced right when the trillion dollar platinum coin just first began discussion 

Copper is on fire today and gold slumps 

So, to me that begs the question, is herpes real if we pretend it’s not 😏

I may be old fashioned, but I do do deal with facts. Millennials have a higher rate of savings than boomers, X or Y generations, precisely because they saw what happened in 2009 (documented by news reports). They also have a higher debt load, have to rent homes because they can’t afford to buy them, and have put off having families for financial reasons. Just this past year the population had a negative replacement rate due to the decline in births. So if peddlers want to peddle cr*p and call it “Yowza”, that doesn’t mean it will stick on all the walls. From what I am seeing here, they ought to call it cryptocr*p. 

Edited by Rick2you2

1 hour ago, Will_K said:

Let's face it, the entire world, not just the collectibles world has gone nuts.  There may be different price points but collecting comic book art has never been more of a luxury than now.

So disagree. It’s not a luxury good at all. It’s a hedge against our central bankers printing us into oblivion. 

1 hour ago, Peter G said:

So disagree. It’s not a luxury good at all. It’s a hedge against our central bankers printing us into oblivion. 

Wait until the next burp in the economy and you try to sell.

The volume of money doesn’t matter much if the demand is there to soak it up (sorry Milton) including overseas demand for $, and if purchasers are not willing to pay higher prices for ordinary goods (which is partly the case as manufacturers haven’t been able to stick with price many increases). Do you know I have been able to buy red peppers at my supermarket for $2.99 or less for over 15 years?

3 hours ago, Will_K said:

Let's face it, the entire world, not just the collectibles world has gone nuts.  There may be different price points but collecting comic book art has never been more of a luxury than now.

I cannot imagine life without more Phantom Stranger artwork. 🤯

Will, we’ve had versions of this before, on lesser scales. I remember when Persian Rugs were hot. Old crystal has been hot. Silver place settings which used to be hot get scrapped. Mediocre jewelry, once hot, has gotten recycled. When I was a kid, Indian pennies were a hot collectible. Not to coin collectors anymore. The world of collectibles is always nuts. Even Planter’s Peanuts collectibles have had their day in the sun.

Edited by Rick2you2

9 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Wait until the next burp in the economy and you try to sell.

The volume of money doesn’t matter much if the demand is there to soak it up (sorry Milton) including overseas demand for $, and if purchasers are not willing to pay higher prices for ordinary goods (which is partly the case as manufacturers haven’t been able to stick with price many increases). Do you know I have been able to buy red peppers at my supermarket for $2.99 or less for over 15 years?

🤷🏻‍♂️