• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-men 1
3 3

29 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, kimik said:

In current shape, I am leaning to 2.5 due to what appears to be significant non color breaking bending and creasing on the cover. Press and dry clean it, and 3.0/3.5. 

It is a great looking copy for the grade. Congrats. (thumbsu

There does appear to be a bend the length of spine, but few color breaking creases on spine. Many around left front corner, but thats the only major creases I see. Cover attached very well, I don't see any chips out..let alone pieces. Great copy. Press to get that bend out and then a 5.0 to 5.5..unless I am missing some flaws.

5 minutes ago, Bayowolf said:

There does appear to be a bend the length of spine, but few color breaking creases on spine. Many around left front corner, but thats the only major creases I see. Cover attached very well, I don't see any chips out..let alone pieces. Great copy. Press to get that bend out and then a 5.0 to 5.5..unless I am missing some flaws.

There is something funky happening at or just above the bottom staple in addition to the other things I stated above. It looks like it either a staple pull or small spine split - either one would increase the chance of popping the bottom staple during pressing if you do not use someone good. It looks like the top edge tear may go into the first few pages which will drop the grade.

4 minutes ago, kimik said:

There is something funky happening at or just above the bottom staple in addition to the other things I stated above. It looks like it either a staple pull or small spine split - either one would increase the chance of popping the bottom staple during pressing if you do not use someone good. It looks like the top edge tear may go into the first few pages which will drop the grade.

Thanks for pointing this out kimik.