• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did I get defrauded on ebay?
1 1

22 posts in this topic

At the end of October, I purchased a pre order for a Slabbed 9.8 book off ebay.  After a month, I contacted the seller and he said that CGC was very delayed and it would take another month for it to him to get it back from CGC and send it to  me.  

He did put up a tracking number and said he would send it out as soon as he got the slab back from CGC. He responded so promptly that I believed him.  Also, he had incredibly good feedback on ebay.  Over 5000 positives.   In mid January, I realized that he never sent it and and sent him a second message.  He immediately responded that he was sending it.   I then went out of town for work and forgot until today.  Of course, the seller is not responding any of my messages 

I called ebay and they said it's out of the 90 day window, so there's nothing they can do.     I can't leave feedback, I can't get my money back (even though the tracking shows it never shipped).  

Any ideas on what I can do or just take this as a lesson learned?

Edited by Wolverinex

5000 positives then he goes rogue?  Could of happened.  Maybe he got sick.  Maybe he got hit buy a bus.  Maybe he is buried under a mound of comics, and his life alert batteries are dead. 

Call the credit card company asap to at least contest. 

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Are chargebacks typically difficult to do? I just called the company and they said I had to provide a bunch of paperwork. Or is it because I'm calling and talking to the weekend crew?

The only two I've ever had to deal with were really easy.  The transaction details from eBay should suffice for them (purchase price, shipping data showing the book never shipped, etc.).

18 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Yes, I called again and the second representative was much more knowledgeable.    Took care of it in 10 mins.  Thanks for the advice!

Usually you just give them the rogue tracking number that doesn’t have a delivery and they use that as proof.

19 minutes ago, wombat said:

There is a thread specifically for people to list ebay sellers to avoid. You should post the information there to help others avoid having the same issue. 

I will do it.  I'm just waiting to hear back form an ebay representative who is looking into this matter .  Also just giving the seller this weekend to see if he ever responds since all his prior  messages seemed so legit.  Seems like a small amount of money to cheat someone out of something... but he did have multiple listings of it, so that's a lot of money if he gets money from 14 preorders  and no one can post feedback because its prevented after 90 days. 

Edited by Wolverinex