• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone heard from Mr. Bedrock?
3 3

81 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

I have friends and family that live in Houston and it sounds very tough down there.  I'm sure he has more pressing issues than to check in here but I hope his stores are all okay.  Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

I’m in dallas, and I can attest to the misery that’s here.  I’m hearing it’s worse in Houston. @MrBedrockhasnt posted since the snowpocalypse began. It’s supposed to start getting better later today

I reached out to him but didn’t hear back. I started a thread in the Water Cooler and someone posted a post from FB. He is OK and opened all his stores. A couple other boardies have replied back they are OK as well. One in Lubbock and one in Austin. Haven’t seen any posts from @Cat-Man_America Hope you are OK too bro. 

Looks amazingly bad. Actually 3rd world in some cases. People freezing in their cars without water, power or food. Hard to believe their infrastructure could collapse so bad. 

22 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I reached out to him but didn’t hear back. I started a thread in the Water Cooler and someone posted a post from FB. He is OK and opened all his stores. A couple other boardies have replied back they are OK as well. One in Lubbock and one in Austin. Haven’t seen any posts from @Cat-Man_America Hope you are OK too bro. 

Looks amazingly bad. Actually 3rd world in some cases. People freezing in their cars without water, power or food. Hard to believe their infrastructure could collapse so bad. 

Cat man has been on facebook every day and things have got better for him but sounds like ruff first few days.

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I've dropped in here with posts from time to time.  Haven't heard directly from Richard of late, but I'd assumed he has his hands full with keeping his Bedrock City stores secure in the Houston deep freeze.  Those who've kept up with my personal journey through this have been following my Facebook page where my tongue-in-cheek "Wilderness Tales" journal reports on this ongoing winter crisis from a 19th century perspective.  Here are a several random wilderness posts as a sampling:

"Day Five: This will be my final entry until aid arrives. No heat. General Electric has been demoted. Down to consuming nuts, berries and hard-tack (frozen bread). Leaving notes for Ken Burns. Confined to bed, awaiting some change in weather. What I would not give for the warmth of a good woman (blanket statement). Oh, the humanity, ...at present all seems lost."

"Day Seven: Have acquired heat and light through either divine intervention or native magic. I’ve learned to not question these miraculous events lest they disappear immediately without explanation. Bathing is challenging unless one is of Norwegian descent. I’ve heard tales of bear scent being revered in some cultures, but with my luck it would only serve to attract the wrong kind of wildlife. Nevertheless, I stand ready to engage in combat with a blunt spear..."

538A4934-37F0-40B6-9397-A889C0B503D0.thumb.jpg.bc27502c7db520ca9f3560c2c7a143f2.jpg

"Day Eight approaches. Losing all track of time in this frozen wasteland. How I long for the Amazon jungle, but Fresh delivery has deserted me."

Note: Day notations aren't real time, but posted as random journal entries.  I'm up to Day Eleven now.  

Day Five was actually Monday when I had no power and much closer to freezing than I imagined possible. 

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America

6 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

He’s here in Florida doing fine. They lost power for 30 min. That’s it. 

889F8279-E46E-463E-AD78-E955651045F2.jpeg

Hey, that's really nice.  Is this what the Bedrock City Retirement Village looks like?  hm

If only my photoshop skills were up to the task! :cry:

Edited by Cat-Man_America

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Well, I guess that's what tends to happen when you have the powers that be and a power generation company that doesn't bother to pay attention to report recommendations by winterizing their equipment for these types of situations all in the name of keeping costs down.  Especially since this exact same scenario has played itself out a couple times in the past already.  :mad:  :censored:

I certainly wouldn't believe in their initial spin that it's all because of the so-called New Green Deal which is not even in place yet.  Then again, why not go with this spin since huge chunks of the population will readily and be more than happy to buy this theory and the finger of blame will no longer be pointed at you then.  :screwy:  (tsk)

Edited by lou_fine

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

You better be careful or you just might find yourself keeping me company in the CGC sin bin.  :fear:  lol

Then again, the last 2 times I quoted a post like this, the original poster got off scot free and only I was sent to the CGC sin bin by Mod1.  :frustrated:  :censored:

Im with you Buddy and ready to go :hi:See the source image

43 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

You better be careful or you just might find yourself keeping me company in the CGC sin bin.  :fear:  lol

Then again, the last 2 times I quoted a post like this, the original poster got off scot free and only I was sent to the CGC sin bin by Mod1.  :frustrated:  :censored:

Been there.  Makes no sense. 

4 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

I've dropped in here with posts from time to time.  Haven't heard directly from Richard of late, but I'd assumed he has his hands full with keeping his Bedrock City stores secure in the Houston deep freeze.  Those who've kept up with my personal journey through this have been following my Facebook page where my tongue-in-cheek "Wilderness Tales" journal reports on this ongoing winter crisis from a 19th century perspective.  Here are a several random wilderness posts as a sampling:

"Day Five: This will be my final entry until aid arrives. No heat. General Electric has been demoted. Down to consuming nuts, berries and hard-tack (frozen bread). Leaving notes for Ken Burns. Confined to bed, awaiting some change in weather. What I would not give for the warmth of a good woman (blanket statement). Oh, the humanity, ...at present all seems lost."

"Day Seven: Have acquired heat and light through either divine intervention or native magic. I’ve learned to not question these miraculous events lest they disappear immediately without explanation. Bathing is challenging unless one is of Norwegian descent. I’ve heard tales of bear scent being revered in some cultures, but with my luck it would only serve to attract the wrong kind of wildlife. Nevertheless, I stand ready to engage in combat with a blunt spear..."

538A4934-37F0-40B6-9397-A889C0B503D0.thumb.jpg.bc27502c7db520ca9f3560c2c7a143f2.jpg

"Day Eight approaches. Losing all track of time in this frozen wasteland. How I long for the Amazon jungle, but Fresh delivery has deserted me."

Note: Day notations aren't real time, but posted as random journal entries.  I'm up to Day Eleven now.  

Day Five was actually Monday when I had no power and much closer to freezing than I imagined possible. 

:tink:

You've got nothing if you don't have a sense of humor.

5 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

"Day Seven: Have acquired heat and light through either divine intervention or native magic. I’ve learned to not question these miraculous events lest they disappear immediately without explanation. Bathing is challenging unless one is of Norwegian descent. I’ve heard tales of bear scent being revered in some cultures, but with my luck it would only serve to attract the wrong kind of wildlife. Nevertheless, I stand ready to engage in combat with a blunt spear..."

Jack London has nothing on you Cat!

6 hours ago, cheetah said:

You've got nothing if you don't have a sense of humor.

Well, I hope everybody here from Texas is on a fixed rate plan when it comes to their electrical power, because you certainly wouldn't find it very funny at all if you are on a variable rate plan at now $9,000 per megawatt hour with electrical bills running into 5-figures when you don't even have any power.  :frustrated:  :mad:  :censored: