• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone heard from Mr. Bedrock?
3 3

81 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I hope everybody here from Texas is on a fixed rate plan when it comes to their electrical power, because you certainly wouldn't find it very funny at all if you are on a variable rate plan at now $9,000 per megawatt hour with electrical bills running into 5-figures when you don't even have any power.  :frustrated:  :mad:  :censored:

I'm deep in the friggin' frozen heart of Texas.  Raising rates, ...seriously?  Considering how close a lot of us came to freezing to death due to the choices made via rolling blackouts the providers should be more concerned about their own legal exposure.

18 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I hope everybody here from Texas is on a fixed rate plan when it comes to their electrical power, because you certainly wouldn't find it very funny at all if you are on a variable rate plan at now $9,000 per megawatt hour with electrical bills running into 5-figures when you don't even have any power.  :frustrated:  :mad:  :censored:

I'm deep in the friggin' frozen heart of Texas.  Raising rates, ...seriously?  Considering how close a lot of us came to freezing to death due to the choices made via rolling blackouts the providers should be more concerned about their own legal exposure.

And you thought your problem was just limited to NOT having power to heat up your homes and to give you light and water at the same time.  :frustrated:

Well, after reading this story, you might just want to run downstairs or wherever to turn your power off as fast as possible:  :mad:  :censored:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/texas/gov-abbott-calls-emergency-meeting-to-address-spike-in-electricity-bills/285-b707d401-77f3-42f3-b7bc-e8186f7d5764

Hopefully, instead of using your regular power, you don't have to consider burning part of your comic book collection to keep warm after reading this.  :wishluck:  :cry:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

And you thought your problem was just limited to NOT having power to heat up your homes and to give you light and water at the same time.  :frustrated:

Well, after reading this story, you might just want to run downstairs or wherever to turn your power off as fast as possible:  :mad:  :censored:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/texas/gov-abbott-calls-emergency-meeting-to-address-spike-in-electricity-bills/285-b707d401-77f3-42f3-b7bc-e8186f7d5764

Hopefully, instead of using your regular power, you don't have to consider burning part of your comic book collection to keep warm after reading this.  :wishluck:  :cry:

I think you missed my point... ;)

Edited by Cat-Man_America

15 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Time for a change Cat...come to San Diego...

14 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

Time for a change Cat...come to San Diego...

And deal with landslides, wildfires, and earthquakes 🤷‍♂️ Folks living on the coasts may bring you more happiness 99% of the time by getting to skip the seasons but it does come with inherent risks and it seems no ever learns this lesson. I had to shovel out of well over a foot of snow to drive over an hour to work last week. Not a single national story about it because we do it every single year.

btw - this is my pitch to get you both to move to OHIO!!! ☺️

Edited by gino2paulus2

4 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

And deal with landslides, wildfires, and earthquakes 🤷‍♂️ Folks living on the coasts may bring you more happiness 99% of the time by getting to skip the seasons but it does come with inherent risks and it seems no ever learns this lesson. I had to shovel out of well over a foot of snow to drive over an hour to work last week. Not a single national story about it because we do it every single year.

I agree every place has its upsides and down....

7 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Or you can come to Colorado where you can wake up a foot of snow that takes you an hour to shovel to make the painful drive to work only to have the roads bone dry on your way home that evening.

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Or you can come to Colorado where you can wake up a foot of snow that takes you an hour to shovel to make the painful drive to work only to have the roads bone dry on your way home that evening.

Then we would also have to worry and watch out for airplane parts falling out of the sky and onto our property, or even worse, on top of our heads.  :fear:  lol

Edited by lou_fine

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Then we would also have to worry and watch out for airplane parts falling out of the sky and onto our property, or even worse, on top of our heads.  :fear:  lol

Well yeah there is that.  My office is close to where that happen but that is the least of the worries.  We are up next to the old Rocky Flats Plant.

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Well yeah there is that.  My office is close to where that happen but that is the least of the worries.  We are up next to the old Rocky Flats Plant.

Remind me to wear gloves next time I see you.  

6 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I worked at the Flats during the decommissioning and demo.  I do remember having some really good fried catfish at the lounge near the site (I don't recall if it was glowing lol).  Don't miss the snow but springtime/summer in the mountains there is amazing.