• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

x-men #1, low grade . CGC with a signature new price SOLD
4 4

46 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, misterrmystery said:

I think CGC screwed this up royally. They must have not placed the split rear cover in the holder. I'd still contact them as the graders notes don't mention. The missing rear cover.

Yes, but I had it graded almost 4 years ago, so I am not sure a phone call will do much.  

I'll be happy if it finds a good home as the grade it is now because there is no way they are going to come up with that piece almost 4 years later. It would be interesting to find out if they have a bin of covers, pieces, etc;)

Just now, KCOComics said:

Is it possible they accidently tucked it inside the book? 

Like if you cracked the slab, it may be in there? 

Someone suggested that, but I don't see any edges sticking out so I'm just going to leave that to the next person. If it doesn't sell, I'm bringing it to @comicdonna he's my official slab cracker, I have nails.

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Someone suggested that, but I don't see any edges sticking out so I'm just going to leave that to the next person. If it doesn't sell, I'm bringing it to @comicdonna he's my official slab cracker, I have nails.

It’s still an awesome piece of history Sha, back cover or not (thumbsu

1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

Is it possible they accidently tucked it inside the book? 

Like if you cracked the slab, it may be in there? 

Sounds like CGC screwed up

#DylanTheKidWasRight 

lol JK

@skypinkblu An Awesome book in any condition! 

GLWTS and you daughter's renovation! 

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Yes, but I had it graded almost 4 years ago, so I am not sure a phone call will do much.  

I'll be happy if it finds a good home as the grade it is now because there is no way they are going to come up with that piece almost 4 years later. It would be interesting to find out if they have a bin of covers, pieces, etc;)

I'd bet it would be a trip to have access to such a bin,,,,Hah! It would be fun to look through indeed!

On 2/20/2021 at 1:11 PM, skypinkblu said:

These days I send face masks;) :foryou: 

Wait CGC making a mistake? No way that cant be.  I sent in a book last month and it came back with a Mile High pedigree label.  They graded it 7.5.  So i was like wtf it looks perfect.  Sent it to get pressed and cleaned and it came back 9.6 with the pedigree label gone lol.  They mixed up a Mile high with a Mile high 2 lol.......and the difference in grade like that.....so odd.....cgc and their million and one mistakes they make........congrats on the sale......this book is smoking hott right now like DD1.....