• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eniac, how do we feel about this methodology?
1 1

326 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

The first prints are one per customer, right? Are the not first prints limited also?

My understanding they are both limited to 1 per customer.  So much that you cannot get a 1st print and a not 1st print from the same shop.

1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

My understanding they are both limited to 1 per customer.  So much that you cannot get a 1st print and a not 1st print from the same shop.

WTF.  How is this good for this title 🙄

2 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Yeah. That’s how it is at the shop I got my first print. I was able to get a “not first print” set aside for me for my next trip to the store, though. 

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah. That’s how it is at the shop I got my first print. I was able to get a “not first print” set aside for me for my next trip to the store, though. 

😳 Utterly ridiculous 

9 hours ago, Crops068 said:
10 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I have no desire for a book that I have to jump thru hoops to get. None.

Plenty of other books to speculate and or read.

No hoops on eBay 😂

If I want a copy I can get it much cheaper then ebay.
The point is their strategy isn't going to appeal to readers its only going to 
appeal to speculators unless they get their volume up. Which I am sure 
they are working on.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

If I want a copy I can get it much cheaper then ebay.
The point is their strategy isn't going to appeal to readers its only going to 
appeal to speculators unless they get their volume up. Which I am sure 
they are working on.

Honestly the strategy is not appealing to anyone unless they have an untapped mine of 1st prints that is hidden from Bad Idea's ever watchful eye.

Having a city, like Austin, that has zero shops that are getting Bad Idea books is a telling sign.  But then cities, like Dallas, have like 6 shops.  You would think that they would want to spread that out some not clump it together in such a manner.

It does not seem sustainable. Hopefully they can fix the print run issue and not short their backbone of stores by 51% on every issue.  Otherwise they are doomed for failure.

P.S. my ebay comment was a joke

32 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Honestly the strategy is not appealing to anyone unless they have an untapped mine of 1st prints that is hidden from Bad Idea's ever watchful eye.

Having a city, like Austin, that has zero shops that are getting Bad Idea books is a telling sign.  But then cities, like Dallas, have like 6 shops.  You would think that they would want to spread that out some not clump it together in such a manner.

It does not seem sustainable. Hopefully they can fix the print run issue and not short their backbone of stores by 51% on every issue.  Otherwise they are doomed for failure.

P.S. my ebay comment was a joke

In an interview Dinesh said that to be a Bad IDea destination store the store just had to agree to their terms, so it could be that no store in that area did. 

6 hours ago, Crops068 said:

There's no reason to get more than 1 of the Not First Print, unless you're looking to spread them around to be read. They're going to continue to print these as long as there is demand. They've already announced more are shipping out to stores.

11 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

There's no reason to get more than 1 of the Not First Print, unless you're looking to spread them around to be read. They're going to continue to print these as long as there is demand. They've already announced more are shipping out to stores.

There is no issue with not getting more than 1 Not 1st Print, that is silly.  But limiting someone from getting a 1st Print and a Not 1st Print from the same store.  That absolutely is silly.

1 hour ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Yeah it was Walkthrough for grading.  That person took quite the risk and it is paying off for sure.

If mine came back 9.9 I would do the same to be fair.

Edited by Crops068

4 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Yeah it was Walkthrough for grading.  That person took quite the risk and it is paying off for sure.

If mine came back 9.9 I would do the same to be fair.

The production quality is very good on these. I think we're going to see a fair number of 9.9s.

17 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The production quality is very good on these. I think we're going to see a fair number of 9.9s.

My preorder was a bundle of the first four issues and they won't ship until they all are in. So maybe June...:facepalm:

18 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Almost $1800 with an hour to go...

On 3/26/2021 at 8:03 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I just got my one copy 1st print and it is borderline 9.9.  I have slabbed a few 9.9 comics that I called as being such and this copy is very close.  I would not doubt that we should see a fair number hit that mark.

1 hour ago, gradejunky said:

I just got my one copy 1st print and it is borderline 9.9.  I have slabbed a few 9.9 comics that I called as being such and this copy is very close.  I would not doubt that we should see a fair number hit that mark.

Already 3 9.9s on the census.  The guy that sold that 1st 9.9 did well as the prices will likely drop as more come out (similar to Batman Damned)