• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eniac, how do we feel about this methodology?
1 1

326 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Mirkinator said:

How’d you get TWO tankers? My LCS wont let me have two of anything Bad Idea. And from that article link (ty oldmil) looks like thats grounds for being dropped. 

Also if anyone has read it yet, please lets us know what you think (spoiler free ofc)

When I pre-ordered a few months back there wasn’t any limit on the site so I thought I’d get one for reader and one for grading when I can. I’m Surprised they honoured the order but they have 

On 4/10/2021 at 12:53 PM, Archaeos said:

When I pre-ordered a few months back there wasn’t any limit on the site so I thought I’d get one for reader and one for grading when I can. I’m Surprised they honoured the order but they have 

Enjoyed Tankers but REALLY liked Eniac 2.  Think it would make an excellent movie

3 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Oh wow. You should share with Bad Idea. Actually...what is the store name? @dinesh_s should want to know about this.

I’ll send the unedited photo to him. I shouldn’t care but it kind of makes me mad, why rip off the readers? 

13 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

I’ll send the unedited photo to him. I shouldn’t care but it kind of makes me mad, why rip off the readers? 

Is it possible this store is pre-selling issues #2 and #3 along with the #1 in that bag? See the little tag that shows a #3? And the price they are charging is the cover price times three. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Brother J said:

Is it possible this store is pre-selling issues #2 and #3 along with the #1 in that bag? See the little tag that shows a #3? And the price they are charging is the cover price times three. Just a thought.

I wonder? If so I feel bad, though they should have made that more obvious?

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

It's comic books.....

He's the head of the company isn't he? Seems like he cares about the sales of the books and the program if he's fielded questions about it on the Valiant boards. No outrage here, but I know folks have had issues getting these books, so why should they have to deal with a store marking up the book and violating the program...if that's the case here.

24 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

It's comic books.....

While I agree, the company made rules and they will absolutely enforce them.  With that proper review will need to be done.  I know they booted at least 1 store for up charging for Eniac #1 1st printings on release. (shrug)

2 hours ago, BrooksR said:

So much for rule #2 😠

E3433793-9C92-42E8-A9FF-9EADFE53CB3E.thumb.jpeg.1164dca2624728c5ea92b60c913ec940.jpeg597F95BF-117C-42A6-A55A-395FDCB83E07.thumb.jpeg.b3338a61170f8301f3e5a91de6c9b68c.jpeg

I'm guessing that the price is for the full mini (3x5.99=17.97), which I believe is perfectly within the rules. Since one of the Bad Idea rules is that orders for subsequent issues need to be no less than orders for #1, some retailers are only selling the books as a set.

The fact that this book is turning everyone into LCS secret police is "great" (sarcasm)

Super cool(sarcasm) love Bad Idea (also sarcasm).

I'm not hunting this stuff down... the gimmick super limited FP and and readily available NFP that come out the same day is a trash business model leading to nothing but shenanigans.... Just my honest opinion.

9 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

The fact that this book is turning everyone into LCS secret police is "great" (sarcasm)

I'm not hunting this stuff down... the gimmick super limited FP and and readily available NFP that come out the same day is a trash business model leading to nothing but shenanigans.... Just my honest opinion.

I’ve been undercover so long I can’t get out, I’m in too deep! 

0C14C20E-98ED-41B9-B86C-0F97ACBB4884.jpeg.84e296d3b80ae5b6bcd065ffada26c8f.jpeg

I wasn’t looking to snitch or something, I was just taken aback by the price. This store has marked up new books before, even asking $1 for free comic book day books last year, though covid kind of messed that up for everybody.

Disregard my post, carry on!

20 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I have found a really good shop to order my Bad Idea books from, now the pin fiasco that is a whole other level of crazy.  People get burned easily and not getting what they want is one way.  "Trying" to prevent mass flipping is all this seems.  But in a way it also seems like forced demand.  I cannot get in my car and drive up to a LCS and get a copy of anything Bad Idea (within reason).  I have to instead rely on a shop a thousand+ miles away.  Does that bother me?  Absolutely.  But I have found a amicable way around it and I have nothing but great things to say about this shop and how they are handling me, the little few book order I am.

The FP/NFP only happened thus far with Eniac #1, my understanding it was due to the gloss coating and how long it took to cure.  They had what they printed of 1P ready to go but it didn't meet their demand.  So the N1P that were also ready were combined and shipped together to attempt to meet some similarity of demand.

Edited by Crops068
Couple added clarifications

18 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Read the first two issues of Eniac, it's pretty good.

(How's that for a spoiler-free review?)

(thumbsu

Agreed.  It's excellent stuff.  Tankers 1 was also a fun read too. 

If they maintain this quality,  I'll keep buying.   Also love they require retailers to keep the cover price for the first 30 days.... 

Kudos @dinesh_s

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Agreed.  It's excellent stuff.  Tankers 1 was also a fun read too. 

If they maintain this quality,  I'll keep buying.   Also love they require retailers to keep the cover price for the first 30 days.... 

Kudos @dinesh_s

I do wonder whether there are retailers that held back a portion of their order for back issues so that they could benefit from the secondary market prices after 30 days, and what that could do to the prices.