• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eniac, how do we feel about this methodology?
1 1

326 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I do wonder whether there are retailers that held back a portion of their order for back issues so that they could benefit from the secondary market prices after 30 days, and what that could do to the prices.

That would be shady but I guess we'll see....

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I do wonder whether there are retailers that held back a portion of their order for back issues so that they could benefit from the secondary market prices after 30 days, and what that could do to the prices.

I’ve wondered about that as well. I guess the only thing that would limit it, somewhat, is the fact that the floor for your future orders is set based on orders for the previous issue. 

16 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I’ve wondered about that as well. I guess the only thing that would limit it, somewhat, is the fact that the floor for your future orders is set based on orders for the previous issue. 

Actually, that might help stores. If by holding back copies of the first issue, the store creates the sense that demand is even greater, then that might help them sell out of the subsequent issues as they're released.

15 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Actually, that might help stores. If by holding back copies of the first issue, the store creates the sense that demand is even greater, then that might help them sell out of the subsequent issues as they're released.

True. I guess if there’s a way to game the system, someone is going to figure out a way to do it. 

Well i didnt luck out on tankers even though my LCS said they would have one for me. But said they will still get me one (not first print?)

Did anyone hear back from jetpack comics? I did preorder it from them a couple weeks ago. Havent heard anything yet. 

37 minutes ago, Mirkinator said:

Well i didnt luck out on tankers even though my LCS said they would have one for me. But said they will still get me one (not first print?)

Did anyone hear back from jetpack comics? I did preorder it from them a couple weeks ago. Havent heard anything yet. 

TFAW has them in stock for less than cover. https://www.tfaw.com/bad100102-tankers-1.html 

16 hours ago, Mirkinator said:

Jetpack's last Bad Idea updates on their site -

image.png.6896a3e8817b7d5a7aaaec57cfe7b2c7.png

It appears they are still allowing "pre-orders" of Tankers #1 and Eniac #2 though.  On each individual page it states depending on when order is placed and supply available it could be a N1P if that is all they have to provide.

image.png.cac25456885d0203e06d589a2b801089.png

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Does that break the rules? 

I am sure it circumvents the intent of the rules but does it break them,  I have not a clue.  I wonder how many subscribers didn't get a 1st print from them because they held onto the 1st prints instead?

Not sure how many they have and I don’t know what their pull list policy is, but it could be pull list subscriptions that were never picked up and the list was on the verge of being closed out. 

Pretty sure that’s what happened to the two copies the LCS near me had on their wall last week. 

15 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Does that break the rules? 

The rules I saw said that books couldn't be marked up within the first 30 days, so it doesn't seem so. There doesn't seem to be any restriction on keeping books off of the shelves and then selling them at a premium later, although that doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the rules that they set up. It's kind of annoying that they've marked up the Not First prints. Since Bad Idea isn't doing any collections, the only way to read the books are to pick up the floppies, and the indication seemed to be that they'll continue to produce them indefifitely as long as there is demand. But I guess a store wouldn't bother ordering any new copies if they still have unsold, marked up copies.