• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eniac, how do we feel about this methodology?
1 1

326 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The rules I saw said that books couldn't be marked up within the first 30 days, so it doesn't seem so. There doesn't seem to be any restriction on keeping books off of the shelves and then selling them at a premium later, although that doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the rules that they set up. It's kind of annoying that they've marked up the Not First prints. Since Bad Idea isn't doing any collections, the only way to read the books are to pick up the floppies, and the indication seemed to be that they'll continue to produce them indefifitely as long as there is demand. But I guess a store wouldn't bother ordering any new copies if they still have unsold, marked up copies.

Frickin shady of midtown.  

On 4/27/2021 at 8:40 AM, mrwoogieman said:

I read Tankers 1, it was okay. Pretty art, a little out there story wise, hard to find a protagonist. I'm locked in for the three issue set so we'll see how it plays out.

Just got mine in as well and yes...   I couldnt help but LOL a bit when I realized the premise for the story, but Art is very good.  Print quality is top notch as well.  

12 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

It looks like midtown still has them.

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/2000238

It also looks like they marked down their eniac 1 by ten percent. Are these books losing steam? 

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/1926903

Zoinks, ordered another Whaleville.  thanks!

5 hours ago, Crops068 said:
6 hours ago, BrooksR said:

It looks like midtown still has them.

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/2000238

It also looks like they marked down their eniac 1 by ten percent. Are these books losing steam? 

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/1926903

Zoinks, ordered another Whaleville.  thanks!

@BrooksR They have already shipped. :)

I couldnt get into Whaleville and as someone who also collects shiny rocks, was hoping to like the rocks and minerals more then I did.  Wasn’t impressed (shrug)

But Eniac keeps getting better and better IMO. 3rd issue was great and much more my kind of story.  

For those enjoying Eniac, Kindt and Braithwaite also collaborated on the first arc of the Unity series at Valiant. Kindt wrote that entire series (and the Ninjak series, and the X-O Manowar  2017 series, so they probably both worked together on other arcs as well, but I'm too lazy to look up exactly which now)

21 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Really of midtown to do that 

I heard a retailer got banned by bad idea over hank howard

Bad Idea sent out an email yesterday indicating that they booted another retailer, but they didn't indicate who or why. Would be nice if they at least indicated who, so anyone planning on getting their books at that retailer can make other arrangements.

3 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Bad Idea sent out an email yesterday indicating that they booted another retailer, but they didn't indicate who or why. Would be nice if they at least indicated who, so anyone planning on getting their books at that retailer can make other arrangements.

Maybe they assume that retailer will let people know on their own

6 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Maybe they assume that retailer will let people know on their own

Based on the messaging it was based on allowing more than 1 copy to be sold per person and selling for higher than cover within the 1st 30 days.

Not sure if anyone has figured out which store it is yet.  The last store was figured out from last month (I think it was last month) so I would think it will only take so long before it is uncovered.

I think Bad Idea should let us know so if we have anything preordered we know we have to go elsewhere.  But then there is a good chance the product never got to us based on the reasoning for boot (to the head). (shrug)

3 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Based on the messaging it was based on allowing more than 1 copy to be sold per person and selling for higher than cover within the 1st 30 days.

Not sure if anyone has figured out which store it is yet.  The last store was figured out from last month (I think it was last month) so I would think it will only take so long before it is uncovered.

I think Bad Idea should let us know so if we have anything preordered we know we have to go elsewhere.  But then there is a good chance the product never got to us based on the reasoning for boot (to the head). (shrug)

With time we will figure out which store it 

On 5/13/2021 at 11:36 PM, Crops068 said:

Looks like the Hank   Howard comic is also the first appearances of Deep Fake, Saver, Numb and Spear...  Anyone know if Bad Idea is making a Save Now comic series?  That short was so good

On 2/24/2021 at 1:32 PM, cmixer said:

Well I call baloney;

I refreshed Midtown all day waiting for next Wednesday's books (ENIAC) to populate. I know I was within 10 minute of them going on sale, but Midtown says 1st Prints are "sold out." -- I'm frustrated. 

That's just midtown.  You can buy a first print from them now