• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eniac, how do we feel about this methodology?
1 1

326 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2021 at 8:21 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

It was brainy comics and they're located in Texas. I never bought from them before, but on the day these went on sale as I was searching I came across their site. I was really impressed on the packaging which was basically bulletproof and then the condition of course.

That is Collected, they have a couple stores around the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

I am pretty surprised they allowed more than 1 per person.  I drove up from Austin and bought a copy of Tankers #1 from one of their shops and almost didn't get it because they tried to A) sell it to me as a set (even though the others were not out yet) and B) assumed I had bought it already from their other store thus buying a 2nd copy was a no no.

On 7/19/2021 at 9:04 AM, Crops068 said:

That is Collected, they have a couple stores around the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

I am pretty surprised they allowed more than 1 per person.  I drove up from Austin and bought a copy of Tankers #1 from one of their shops and almost didn't get it because they tried to A) sell it to me as a set (even though the others were not out yet) and B) assumed I had bought it already from their other store thus buying a 2nd copy was a no no.

I mentioned it in a previous post, but I didn't recently buy these. It was back in February for the bundles and they did not have a limit. I think it was like that for only a day or two and then they capped the orders. In that sense, I got super lucky! It just took about 5 months to get them because they couldn't send them out until issues 1 through 4 were all released.

On 7/5/2021 at 10:10 AM, Mirkinator said:

Just finished up the series with #4. Final issue wrapped up the story nicely and overall this was an excellent comic. 

Hope to read more about Eniac someday.

On 7/5/2021 at 3:53 PM, BrooksR said:

I guess once the series is finished it’s over, no reprints, no trade paperbacks, no digital. I wonder if the creators care that it will disappear like that. Is bad idea looking to get their properties optioned at all?

Just got Enaic 4 from TFAW.  It was fantastic.  wish it was longer.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:57 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

9.8's graded are way cheap now on ebay. How low will this go graded? Thoughts on a turnaround in price?

I don’t know what the turnaround will look like, but based on CGCs TATs a lot are probably coming to market now, so there’s enough supply to meet demand. Add that to the 9.9s that have made it to market, which have likely suppressed the 9.8 value. 

Even if supply dries up, it all really depends on what Bad Idea’s next step is and if interest in their books maintains.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 9/13/2021 at 8:06 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I don’t know what the turnaround will look like, but based on CGCs TATs a lot are probably coming to market now, so there’s enough supply to meet demand. Add that to the 9.9s that have made it to market, which have likely suppressed the 9.8 value. 

Even if supply dries up, it all really depends on what Bad Idea’s next step is and if interest in their books maintains.

I just got back mine, that I submitted with a pre-screen submission (no pressing) shortly after it was released. So yeah, we'll probably see an uptick in available copies soon. Mine is staying in my collection. I imagine that now would be a really bad time to sell. Initial hype has passed, and we still don't know what "Bad Idea is over as we know it" is all about.