• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Journey into Mystery 84 (Thanks)

14 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ThorHammer3030 said:

Thanks James, would be happy with a 3.0

Could go either way. IMO, I would lean towards 3.0 if they let the 5.0/5.5 type quality of the back cover sway their overall technical grade to 3.0 range rather than 2.5 range! IMO, everyone's grades favor front cover/spine attributes over the back cover particulars, but as Overstreet states, grade a book on a whole. Back cover condition is important too and this back cover is far more reminiscent of a book in the 5.0 rather than the 2.5 range. So IMO, that would pull the overall grade up to at least 3. 

I still own all my JIM and my '84  has a funny feel to the cover, like it's a little thin. The paper is very delicate, not like the other  ones. I wonder sometimes if the brown ink had an effect on the actual paper or were there variations in paper quality at the printers making one cover more or less durable than another?  I'm well aware of chipping. 

If you don't admire the ads on the back cover, you'll never learn to play the piano.