• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze X-Men!
2 2

297 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, ganni said:

Some fun to knock off the negative waves

And a couple of characters 1st appearance...

x153.jpg

Is that the one where she tells the fairytale? She named the dragon lockheed didn’t she, is that a first appearance or is it when she meets the actual dragon?

4 hours ago, BrooksR said:

Is that the one where she tells the fairytale? She named the dragon lockheed didn’t she, is that a first appearance or is it when she meets the actual dragon?

Yes.  Its the fairytale story.  And She named the dragon lockheed in the fairytale .

Technically its a 1st appearance within a story for Lockheed( wagging his tail beside her).

4 hours ago, Joe Lindsey said:

Just joined the chat rooms..Love Bronze Age. I picked this one up off eBay for 120 bucks raw. It was my first submission. I guessed a 9.6 but was happy anyhow. More to follow.. I have 3 Bronze Age X-men at CGC right now that are going to score much lower. Like anyone cares haha go ahead and roast me.  

image.jpg

No roasting from me. You found an unrestored NM on eBay. I certainly never have.  (thumbsu

3 hours ago, Morganmi said:

Here's a few of the more popular issues I have scans of that I picked up in the 80's and 90's.

All New Xmen #94.jpg

Xmen #101.jpg

Uncanny Xmen #117.jpg

Uncanny Xmen #129.jpg

Uncanny Xmen #141.jpg

As someone who didn't collect until the late 90s, what were some of those books priced during the 1980s? $5 a piece?

7 hours ago, mnaz1988 said:

As someone who didn't collect until the late 90s, what were some of those books priced during the 1980s? $5 a piece?

I remember early 90s late 80s they were on the wall behind the counter. I can vouch for that.  

Edited by Joe Lindsey

9 hours ago, mnaz1988 said:

No, the New X-men were the most popular comic of the 80's so back issues were relatively expensive for the time. I recall I paid about $35 for the X-men 94 at an auction in 82 or 83 which was a good price because it was valued at around $70 NM in the Overstreet guide at the time. The 101 and 129 I bought in the mid 90's for about $20 and $10-15 maybe. The 117 and 140 were bought in the 80's in the 5 to 12$ range though.

On 4/11/2021 at 10:25 AM, Joe Lindsey said:

Thanks! It’s my best book.. the seller I didn’t really understand why he wouldn’t slab it and why he was selling it raw for so cheap. I still don’t get it🤔

Some folks will avoid the huge turnaround and others just want to sell because they need money. When you submit to CGC you have to invest approx $45 for a book like this. Shipping there. Shipping back including insurance. And then down the road you'll get your book back and be able to sell. So there's time and investment to consider. For a collector like yourself it's a no-brainer - you're getting a great book at a great price. For others there might be a few other things involved. And believe it or not, a lot of folks don't even know about CGC and third party grading. They just collected comics.