• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weekend Auction ends 8PM Eastern: Amazing Spider-man 5, Fight Comics 18, Thrilling Comics 65
2 2

144 posts in this topic

Remaining books:

Giant Size Spider-Man 1 4.5 $15

Giant Size Spider-Man 2 8.5 $25

Giant Size Spider-Man 3 6.0 $8

Dazzler #1 9.0 $10

Detective #278 2.5-3.0 cover split from bottom to upper staple, just hanging on top staple $16

Avengers #29 4.0 $14

Batman #78 coverless $38

Incredible Science Fiction #31 CGC 7.5 $425 (a 7.0 WP just sold for $455) numerous great artists on this book.

Avengers #42 5.0-5.5 $12 SOLD to HighRadArt

Daredevil #43 4.0 grade significantly reduced due to chips $15

Daredevil #50 3.5 $5

Fantasy Masterpiece #1 4.0 $6

Journey Into Mystery #113 6.0 $60

Marvel Super Heroes #1 King Size 4.0 reprints Daredevil1, Avengers 2 and Marvel Mystery Comics 8 $6

Marvel Collectors’ Item Classic #1 4.0 perhaps tad better $10

Silver Surfer #5 4.0 bottom spine split $22

Strange Tales #139 3.0 tape on lower spine $5

Thor #141 5.5 $16

Low grade Marvel lot: Team-Up #3 (remaindered), #17 (4.0), #23 (4.5), Premiere 27 (3.0) $8

Detective #429 3.5 $3

World’s Finest 177 4.0 $6 CLAIMED

Manbat #1 5.0 $5

ASM #107 7.5 $32

Daredevil #33 4.0 $8

Star Trek #1 Gold Key 3.0 $75

Amazing Spider-Man #178 7.5 $8 SOLD to Perpendiculous

Amazing Spider-Man #183 8.0 $8

Amazing Spider-Man #253 9.2 $8

Avengers #102 5.0 $8

Conan #17 8.0 $18

Conan #20 6.0 $10

Giant Size Man Thing #3 5.0 $4

X-Men #36 5.0 small chip out bc near top staple $35

Jumbo #88 7.0 $150 Some great GGA with Sheena and Sky Girl in this issue and the #101 to follow.

Jumbo #101 6.0 $160 presents better sm crease off of right edge middle with <1 cm tear, a few indent llc. Looks like top staple never made into book. This is a tough book with only 11 copies on the census; a raw 5.0 sold last month on ebay for $168

Edited by whomerjay

Next phase of this thread: Auction of three nice books, ending this Sunday Feb 28 8:00 PM Eastern (hard ending).

Will do a hard ending auction so no one gets confused with the soft ending rules. BOTTOM LINE: Either BIN, bid aggressively early and blow everyone out of the water, or swoop in last second with the high bid.

Rules:

All books are returnable within 2 weeks of purchase for any reason. I try to give as many scans and pics to enable judgement of grade or detection of resto, and try to be exact if not a tad conservative on stated grades, but I have no problem with returns as long as they are within 2 weeks of you receiving book(s). Paypal, CK, or MO accepted, CK preferred on big sales but not required. International buyers welcome if you can pay for shipping that includes tracking. If you are well known on the boards and international, your books will ship in a timely manner upon any form of payment. If you are international and unknown to me, you’ll either have to pay by CK or MO, or have a long-time ever-present boardie vouch for you directly to me.

Shipping costs are exact costs. Default shipping in US is USPS Priority mail Box. If shipping ends up being more than what you’re charged, I’ll refund the difference.

No bidders of ill-repute, yadda yadda yadda.

This auction will end 8 PM Eastern time Sunday night and all bids must be in by 7:59:59 PM to be valid. If the time stamp on your bid says 8:00 or later you were too late. I will try to recap Sunday night. I will set a BIN of $1500 for each book to conform with what I believe are the rules. Nothing implied re: comic value in the BIN, I’d just prefer this to be an auction.

There are 3 auctions, one for each book. Bidding starts at $1 for each book. Bid increments must be $10 minimum. If your bid is not $10 or more than last bid on item it is void. Anything else that needs clarifying, feel free to alert me by post in this thread.

3 books, all offered individually. I’ll refrain from hyping each book (“just the facts, ma’am”); you have these boards, ebay, GPA, and auction websites to assess how hot these books are and what these books are selling for.

Will post books at 7 PM; need to gather the pics.

Thrilling Comics #65 7.5     Flaws: some shading on bc, slight tear lower right corner bc, front cover very clean a few light impressions you can see in bright light, biggest issue for which I downgrade it is upper left corner not sure what to call that but it’s small. Pages great, crisp.

Thrilling 65 75 fr.jpg

Thrilling 65 pic.jpeg

Thrilling 65 75 back.jpg

Thrilling 65 edge.jpeg

Thrilling 65 splash.jpeg