• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: DETECTIVE COMICS #359! 1st Batgirl; sharp affordable copy... Sold!
1 1

17 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Point Five said:

One book tonight. Secure USPS Priority ship is extra at cost. First 'takeit' wins, whether in the thread or via PM. Returns no problem.

DETECTIVE COMICS #359 in 4.0/4.5. 1st Barbara Gordon/Batgirl! (My fave Silver Age DC.) Attractive glossy copy with rich colors looks 5.0/5.5ish. Flaws of note: the whole book has a 1/2" tear on the top edge; there's a faint dime-sized stain on the otherwise bright inside front cover. Everything's attached. Hot book that seems to be taking off again. Extra pics, as well as current GPA stats for your perusal, in spoilers below. Price is firm; will send to CGC if no takers raw.

$495

tec359a-new.thumb.jpg.7b486e8030834a726fd774606ad55d58.jpg

tec359a-newback.thumb.jpg.e7890e9411f4c6a44fd1b2e7bc5b95ac.jpg

More pics:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_4217.thumb.JPG.0f8507619d4487b4202623a714e0e565.JPG

IMG_4218.thumb.JPG.20c62a135e76e4ff0dadb24ced11f0f9.JPG

tec359a-pg.thumb.JPG.1a81e26bd8b6787f45b41831c3c89a76.JPG

Current GPA:

Reveal hidden contents

1202599773_ScreenShot2021-02-20at2_56_51PM.thumb.png.ddabf73a1e2df9a9968d472fbef025ff.png

Curse you. 

:takeit: 

12 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Great Pickup!

You took the temptation away from me! 

Fair price for a well presenting book and it's the first copy I have owned since 2008.    

And thanks to @Point Five for accepting the sale. 

10 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Fair price for a well presenting book and it's the first copy I have owned since 2008.    

And thanks to @Point Five for accepting the sale. 

Really nice copy! I was verrrry tempted! 

Always had a thing for Barbara every since

Yvonne batgirl.jpe

not to mention that once she has a TV show or movie, price will skyrocket! 

Edited by Comics4All

22 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Really nice copy! I was verrrry tempted! 

Always had a thing for Barbara every since

Yvonne batgirl.jpe

not to mention that once she has a TV show or movie, price will skyrocket! 

A mid-grade copy is $500 and that's after jon probably shaved $100-200+ off the FMV (a CGC 5.5 recently sold for $800, a 5.0 for $722). How much more skyrocketing can it possibly have in it?

19 minutes ago, the blob said:

A mid-grade copy is $500 and that's after jon probably shaved $100-200+ off the FMV (a CGC 5.5 recently sold for $800, a 5.0 for $722). How much more skyrocketing can it possibly have in it?

@the blobThis past year? Who knows?

Did you ever think 1990s marvel cards were gonna be worth anything? 

14 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

@the blobThis past year? Who knows?

Did you ever think 1990s marvel cards were gonna be worth anything? 

when I list mine tonight they will immediately cease being worth anything

I'm just saying Detective 359 has been and is an expensive book. I don't know what a 9.4 copy is worth, but 8.5s are like $3500 already. $10K? I'm just saying I'm not sure there's an explosion left in it. The cards were worthless 5 minutes ago. That's very different than a book that is already worth hundreds and thousands. Teen Titans has a pretty good show on TV. Did it make the first app explode? (If anything DC Presents 26 may have gone up in the last year because (1) everything went up and (2) it is arguably undervalued. Harley Quinn has maybe the best cartoon on TV. It is frigging hilarious. But her firsts were already expensive and it didn't do anything. in 8.5 359 is already 3x the price on an Iron Man 55. Thanos was the villian in 27 marvel movies. and while he is dead at this moment, there's no reason to believe we won't be seeing him again. 

31 minutes ago, the blob said:

when I list mine tonight they will immediately cease being worth anything

I'm just saying Detective 359 has been and is an expensive book. I don't know what a 9.4 copy is worth, but 8.5s are like $3500 already. $10K? I'm just saying I'm not sure there's an explosion left in it. The cards were worthless 5 minutes ago. That's very different than a book that is already worth hundreds and thousands. Teen Titans has a pretty good show on TV. Did it make the first app explode? (If anything DC Presents 26 may have gone up in the last year because (1) everything went up and (2) it is arguably undervalued. Harley Quinn has maybe the best cartoon on TV. It is frigging hilarious. But her firsts were already expensive and it didn't do anything. in 8.5 359 is already 3x the price on an Iron Man 55. Thanos was the villian in 27 marvel movies. and while he is dead at this moment, there's no reason to believe we won't be seeing him again. 

Hey I'm not willing to bet my Hulk 181 Rookie card that it's gonna explode  lol

You may be right but honestly, the increases I have seen in this hobby recently have been astonishing, I would not be surprised by almost anything anymore except for this book being worth more than 1c

troll liefeld.jpe

Guys, guys, guys... 

It's a Tec' 359 not an indication or litmus for the collapse of Western Civilization as we know it. 

What will it grade out as?  I dunno... probably a 4.0-4.5.  Point 5 has been pretty spot on over the years.  I picked it up because I truly believe it is the best looking unrestored #359 that is currently available for the price offered regardless of 'technical' grade.

If it increases in value, then cool.  If it doesn't, also cool.

I sold my Batman collection around 13 years ago, along with a LOT of other stuff to pay off the end of the student loan and to fund a larger purchase and have not owned much Batman since, so I am happy to get a popular character's first appearance in a really nice condition without dropping a grand.

Now.... who has a Batman 181 ?

Edited by Buzzetta

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Guys, guys, guys... 

It's a Tec' 359 not an indication or litmus for the collapse of Western Civilization as we know it.

Can't it be both?  :banana: