• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Asking price of Starlin Warlock page

6 posts in this topic

That is correct. I though the price was "reasonable". I say that because I was the buyer.:takeit: I've been looking for a nice page for several years. The real challenge is that Jim Starlin only did the layouts on some of the issues, and while some of the layout pages look awesome (one coming up in Heritage's April 2021 auction), I really wanted one that he did all the pencils.

Now, if I see a great page he did the layouts, I could buy that one too (if I had any money left).:makepoint:

1 hour ago, sfilosa said:

That is correct. I though the price was "reasonable". I say that because I was the buyer.:takeit: I've been looking for a nice page for several years. The real challenge is that Jim Starlin only did the layouts on some of the issues, and while some of the layout pages look awesome (one coming up in Heritage's April 2021 auction), I really wanted one that he did all the pencils.

Now, if I see a great page he did the layouts, I could buy that one too (if I had any money left).:makepoint:

On the earlier issues of Warlock, Jim did tighter pencils than on the later issues, with the exception of #15.

10 minutes ago, artdealer said:

On the earlier issues of Warlock, Jim did tighter pencils than on the later issues, with the exception of #15.

Can you list which issues that you are referring to. I don't have copies of all issues. I know that #9 and #10 say he did the pencils and #15 he did pencils and the inks.

I would like this information for reference. Literally when the art was on CAF, I was scrambling to research if this was a pencil issue or just layouts. I finally saw on CAF that someone had the #9 splash page and it said Steve Leiaholoa "Blotting", so I pulled the trigger. 

Lastly, do you see a significant difference in price when a top artist does only the layouts and not the full pencils?