• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Listing deleted.
2 2

20 posts in this topic

This lot is on Ebay.  

Best case scenario is a newbie seller unfamiliar with the rules looking to sell at at a price here on the boards that would make financial sense to end the Ebay listing early and eat the final value fee at the last highest bid, currently $11,000.  Ethical issues are a whole other matter.

Worst case scenario is a hijacked Ebay listing.  And someone concocting a story about a sick wife.  That would be awful.

And why does the Ebay listing say the books are in Portland while the board listing says pick them up in Utah?

9 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

This lot is on Ebay.  

Best case scenario is a newbie seller unfamiliar with the rules looking to sell at at a price here on the boards that would make financial sense to end the Ebay listing early and eat the final value fee at the last highest bid, currently $11,000.  Ethical issues are a whole other matter.

Worst case scenario is a hijacked Ebay listing.  And someone concocting a story about a sick wife.  That would be awful.

And why does the Ebay listing say the books are in Portland while the board listing says pick them up in Utah?

My radar pinged as well. - From listing: X-Men #1-10 cg#1. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail. All in current CGC cases. #1 graded 09/20. Excellent copy

Hoping for best - sadly expecting the worst  :wishluck:

Edited by Beige

Hello Beige,

Yes, unfortunately I am a newbie and was just trying to get the best price for my wife and I as we are in a pinch with insurance not paying for off label Stage IV cancer medical treatments. I didn’t realize that ending EBay listing early if I sell to someone else was not allowed. Can someone please tell me where I’m off here? We live in Portland, but in Utah for medical treatments. I apologize for the offense.

Just now, NightBreed74 said:

Hello Beige,

Yes, unfortunately I am a newbie and was just trying to get the best price for my wife and I as we are in a pinch with insurance not paying for off label Stage IV cancer medical treatments. I didn’t realize that ending EBay listing early if I sell to someone else was not allowed. Can someone please tell me where I’m off here? We live in Portland, but in Utah for medical treatments. I apologize for the offense.

Board sales are exclusive. You can’t have it cross-posted. I’m surprised the mods have allowed it this long.

15 minutes ago, NightBreed74 said:

Hello Beige,

It was actually Dr Love but I'll answer.

As when you sold your Daredevil set on ebay - you would not have been allowed to list them here.

So your X-Men set, whilst on ebay - even not sold yet, cannot be listed here. https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-1-10-cgc-3-5-Marvel-silver-age-1/124580001294?hash=item1d018bf60e:g:BTIAAOSwy8BgLgIk

You have been a non-posting member since July last year, so you must have lurked enough to find this sales forum and post an ad.

I sympathise - my wife also has stage 4 - she is in remission.

Just sell the next batch here exclusively, and you will be OK. There are a few other rules that you need to follow as well, should you care to return with more books.

Maybe we will see you again soon with fresh books?

Edited by Beige

Understood. Thank you for the empathy Beige, I appreciate you sharing your experience and I’m so glad to hear your wife is in remission. I am not very savvy with the web and forums. I should have thought of this beforehand, it was careless. Unfortunately, I had collected my two childhood faves to replace my dad’s old comics (left to me) that burned in a fire...DD 1-6 and X-Men 1-10. Now have to let them go. But it was great to have them for the time I did. Thanks for the support, it is very much appreciated. 

Edited by NightBreed74

Best wishes of success on your Ebay listing and of course the treatment for your wife.

And I do recommend something positive you can do on these boards about this sale.  There is a thread called Comics Market - Sales Advertising (Ebay, Dealers, etc) where board members like yourself can display all info about their outside the board listings.  You can find it on the CGC Forums main page, right underneath the Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area link you used to get here.  That would be the place to re-post everything you did originally in this now deleted listing, except a price and picking the books up in Utah of course.  Make sure to include a link to your Ebay listing.  That thread is all about driving traffic to an outside listing.

You have a great set for sale.  The more eyes on it the better.  The board likes to support our own in tough times.

Good luck with the sale. (thumbsu

Edited by Dr. Love