• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slab received cracked from CGC
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Just got a slab today back from CGC and the slab was cracked and can be split open.  Do I have to pay for a reholder on this?  Doesn't seem right.  Even paying the shipping costs again doesn't seem fair.  Has anyone ever had this happen?

10 minutes ago, Bperilous said:

Just got a slab today back from CGC and the slab was cracked and can be split open.  Do I have to pay for a reholder on this?  Doesn't seem right.  Even paying the shipping costs again doesn't seem fair.  Has anyone ever had this happen?

You should email Matt: mnelson@cgccomics.com

Not trying to be snarky, but why does everyone who gets a cracked case start a thread?  There must be hundreds of threads that are entitled: Received cracked case from CGC.  All with the same suggestions.  Doesn't anyone do a search first???  It's like Newbies 101 to check first, then post.

14 hours ago, Bperilous said:

No.

4 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

Not trying to be snarky, but why does everyone who gets a cracked case start a thread?  There must be hundreds of threads that are entitled: Received cracked case from CGC.  All with the same suggestions.  Doesn't anyone do a search first???  It's like Newbies 101 to check first, then post.

Why do they always ask other consumers instead of CGC directly? lol

13 hours ago, Drink2mny said:

You're not alone. I just got back TMNT: Ronin #1. Bottom is cracked and seam on left side is open. I emailed to see what I need to do. I have one getting signed by Eastman. I hope it is better sealed than this.

Mine is the same issue!  Wonder if its a problem with it being oversized.

2 hours ago, Bperilous said:

Easy answer....because CGC doesn't have the info available anywhere this easy to access.

CGC's customer service info is one click from the main page -   1st tab, Help Center: https://www.cgccomics.com/about/help-center-faqs/     Can't get much easier.

Did you even search at all to see if there were existing threads with info related to your question, or just do what was easiest for you, and post another useless thread?  Please use proper etiquette in the forums.  Check the main page for suggestions for new users.

If you think it's just possible that the question has been asked before, please search first.

11 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

To be fair, the search function for these forums aren't great.

That said, I don't know why the natural inclination isn't to go straight to the source instead of asking unaffiliated customers.  Whenever I've had a question, I usually click to the Contacts page and call customer service directly.

16 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

would be fun if we could also have a "is this really a 9.8?!?!?!?" thread where every newbie posts their non 10.0 comic and the answer is an automatic "yes"

On 2/23/2021 at 1:20 AM, Lightning55 said:

Surely it wouldn't have anything to do with the ineffectiveness of the Search option here. I often have better luck searching through Google than through the board Search option.