• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Competitor Price Increase
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Just my two cents here...

If the PSA price increase rumors are true.... then CGC Bulk is about to be 6 months+ almost overnight and I'm assuming the other Tiers will suffer as we have already seen. FANTASTIC! I can't wait to wait even longer for my bulk because no-subgrade unlimited Neo Chikoritas are getting slabbed in the thousands at $9/card at an average grade of 7.5. Okay enough salt.... 

I'm sure a lot of us are kicking ourselves for not sending in 10x the bulk when return times at CGC were basically a calendar month or less lol. The glory days.... lol

31 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

Just my two cents here...

If the PSA price increase rumors are true.... then CGC Bulk is about to be 6 months+ almost overnight and I'm assuming the other Tiers will suffer as we have already seen. FANTASTIC! I can't wait to wait even longer for my bulk because no-subgrade unlimited Neo Chikoritas are getting slabbed in the thousands at $9/card at an average grade of 7.5. Okay enough salt.... 

I'm sure a lot of us are kicking ourselves for not sending in 10x the bulk when return times at CGC were basically a calendar month or less lol. The glory days.... lol

CGC doesnt deal with sports cards. That is 80% of PSA's business and the sports market is even hotter than Pokemon.

Id expect CGC to be a 3 month waiting time, which is reasonable compared to PSA that is around a year now. Im expecting once the pandemic gets better that all this will calm down. The market will cool off once people go back to work and dont care about Pokemon as much.

Well, CSG just launched, so PSA will shed some market share that way. CSG seems competitively priced, from what I can tell. I'm assuming all the folks here who thought folks would flee back to PSA are equaling out that opinion, now. I think PSA sheds market share until they can get their TaT back under a reasonable amount, and if they wait too long they may not get it back.