• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where is FF5 headed?
4 4

59 posts in this topic

Just had mine graded and came back 5.5 OW/W.  Trying to use this book as part of a deal with a local dealer who has a JIM 83 in the same grade.  What do you think the trade value is for the FF5?  Could change dramatically in the near term...I just lost my crystal ball. :)

Thoughts?

It's all a matter of preference I suppose. 

FF5 is a great book.  It's been hot and will likely remain hot as long as Disney handles the FF movie correctly. 

JIM83 is awesome. I really don't think you can go wrong.  

Near term, FF5 probably is going to go up quicker, long term, I like JIM83 better. But again, you kind of can't go wrong. Awesome books! 

17 hours ago, Ghastly542454 said:

My Fantastic Four #5 just came back today in its new holder and it is so 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥! It really is FANTASTIC!!!🤩🤩🤩🤩

06155374-F97B-4010-AB10-EF3A8E07BB11.jpeg

This is the book where the market accurately reflects its value....such a sweet book. I wonder where Magneto would stand had he appeared in another X-Men book instead of #1? Doom and Magneto have to be the 2 greatest villains in all of Marveldom 

Congrats!

7 hours ago, sagii said:

Hopefully with the reboot this go round, Dr. Doom won't appear in the 1st movie and instead be the focus of the sequel so his story and importance of the character in Marvel lore can be done justice 

It's a little tricky because as Doom's backstory evolved, even in the comics he was Reed's college rival.  It's become difficult to tell the FF's origin story without including him, even if they choose not to tie him directly to the rocket launch and the cosmic rays.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 2/23/2021 at 9:26 PM, Concorde said:

Just had mine graded and came back 5.5 OW/W.  Trying to use this book as part of a deal with a local dealer who has a JIM 83 in the same grade.  What do you think the trade value is for the FF5?  Could change dramatically in the near term...I just lost my crystal ball. :)

Thoughts?

Hmmmm....Thor (Awesome Superhero) or Doom (probably the greatest Marvel supervillain of all time)

Man that is a predicament