• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where is FF5 headed?
4 4

59 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Concorde said:

Well...i made the deal.  I had to throw a couple other things at it, but it's done.  So, while I no longer own an FF5...I do own this.  

IMG_9407.jpg

There is nothing wrong with owning that!!

Congrats! 

i wonder why there are so many high grade ff5s out there, when there are so few ff1s. did people back in 1962 really figure out within the span of just a couple issues that it might be good to keep your ff books in nice condition?

Edited by www.alexgross.com

On 2/25/2021 at 5:33 PM, Hollywood1892 said:

This is the book where the market accurately reflects its value....such a sweet book. I wonder where Magneto would stand had he appeared in another X-Men book instead of #1? Doom and Magneto have to be the 2 greatest villains in all of Marveldom 

Congrats!

I agree about Magneto. He gets a tiny bit lost in the shuffle. You don't typically hear X-men 1 referred to as the first appearance of Magneto. 

On 2/24/2021 at 3:26 AM, Concorde said:

Just had mine graded and came back 5.5 OW/W.  Trying to use this book as part of a deal with a local dealer who has a JIM 83 in the same grade.  What do you think the trade value is for the FF5?  Could change dramatically in the near term...I just lost my crystal ball. :)

Thoughts?

Just for information, a 5.5 sold yesterday for $13200 per GPA

7 minutes ago, Georgie123 said:

Love this thread. I have a 5.0 white pages. I have a beautiful ff 6 8.0.  What is everyone's opinion now and later on this comic

7 minutes ago, Georgie123 said:

Love this thread. I have a 5.0 white pages. I have a beautiful ff 6 8.0.  What is everyone's opinion now and later on this comic

8 hours ago, Doctor Dositheus said:

Obviously over $4000 at this point but nobody will know until you let us know how much you're selling yours for!:)

GPA can help on an 8.0 value, but lately GPA has been behind considerably on many red hot silver age keys.  With Marvel rebooting FF, there is no doubt Dr. Doom should ascend to new heights of glory or unglory!

On 3/8/2021 at 11:04 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

i wonder why there are so many high grade ff5s out there, when there are so few ff1s. did people back in 1962 really figure out within the span of just a couple issues that it might be good to keep your ff books in nice condition?

I know when I collected as a kid either sports cards or comics, if I was building a set, I would always put the #1 issue or card on top and the rest to follow underneath.  I imagine that would probably be the reason why few FF1's exist.  

On 3/15/2021 at 2:56 PM, marmat said:

Just for information, a 5.5 sold yesterday for $13200 per GPA

Yes!  Saw that.  Is what it is.  I traded mine based on a trade value of $9K based on info at the time!  Oh well...I still have the JIM 83.  

Many moons ago at one of the early forum dinners in Philly, Doug Schmell brought his 9.4 FF5 (I believe it was the White Mountain copy) and the 9.6 FF1.  I took a pic holding both of them, but it’s lost on a long gone PC.  Wish I still had that pic.  Those were incredible books.