• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where is FF5 headed?
4 4

59 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, drmanhattanite said:

We need pics!!

There’s a pic floating around somewhere in cyberspace of me & that book.  Probably a pic somewhere in the forum archives of the book itself.    Not sure if Doug still owns it or not.  Maybe Brulato has it now.  I don’t know.  (shrug)

I remember a thousand years ago when Doug S. supposedly asked CGC for a 'page quality review' of his FF #1 9.6, and *voila!* the book went from 9.6 ow to 9.6 wp.  Could be the same copy?

Anyway, people were a little steamed that the high roller could ask CGC for favors without a full re-grading.

D

52 minutes ago, Drummy said:

I remember a thousand years ago when Doug S. supposedly asked CGC for a 'page quality review' of his FF #1 9.6, and *voila!* the book went from 9.6 ow to 9.6 wp.  Could be the same copy?

Anyway, people were a little steamed that the high roller could ask CGC for favors without a full re-grading.

D

Okay so that means it was reholdered then resubmitted for PQ review? It had to have been in one of the original slabs with a cert # that low or not?

Screenshot_20210404-135659_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Okay so that means it was reholdered then resubmitted for PQ review? It had to have been in one of the original slabs with a cert # that low or not?

Screenshot_20210404-135659_Chrome.jpg

Something isn't right ... that number can't be looked up in the CGC verification database.

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/0000003001/

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Something isn't right ... that number can't be looked up in the CGC verification database.

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/0000003001/

Probably has something to do with it being reviewed by cgc. I've had two slabs where the cert was unsearchable. They showed up after calling cgc. I guess some cert #s slip through the cracks. I suspect this masterpiece was originally graded around 1999 2000? What I'm really wondering is if there's actually two 9.6s or is that a mistake due to the page review???

Apparantly there were a few more careful owners of FF5 than FF1 according to the census. I suppose It would make sense since it was about 8 months between release dates. Both these books are so...godly...holy...glorious...drool worthy...you name it‼