• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elfquest "Audio" Movie Announced
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Forgive me...

So basically an audio podcast or a audio book?

Same premise?  Not making fun... but what more could it be if just an audio "movie" ?  I'm not following... 

Seems like it would be like a radio drama or something like they are doing with the "Old Man" universe podcast that Marvel is producing. 

@Buzzetta

I've listened to episode 2 and 3 and they are really well done - far beyond an audio book reading.  Yes, closer to an old radio drama.  There is additional --script dialogue and narration for the story to deal with the lack of visual art Elfquest is known for, and the sound effects and background music are top notch.  Keep in mind each character is voiced by a separate actor. 

Imagine trying to render the following scene with to an audio-only format. Redlance at death's door in the desert with his lifemate (Nightfall) trying to reach him by "sending" and recalling memories together...  I was skeptical at first as well, but the example of this particular audio scene was very moving and successfully captured the feeling of the Elfquest saga.

If I had to venture a guess, this endeavor could take a further step later in the process and add animation with the soundtrack as is. I know that an anime format would reach a larger audience, and perhaps those discussions are already being done behind closed doors in Hollywood.  :wishluck:

oq02-18.jpg

Edited by BanjerD

On 5/16/2022 at 9:37 AM, Buzzetta said:

Forgive me...

So basically an audio podcast or a audio book?

Same premise?  Not making fun... but what more could it be if just an audio "movie" ?  I'm not following... 

Seems like it would be like a radio drama or something like they are doing with the "Old Man" universe podcast that Marvel is producing. 

Or HBO Max's Batman: The Audio Adventures where the entire show is done like an old radio show.

On 5/16/2022 at 7:49 PM, BanjerD said:

@Buzzetta

I've listened to episode 2 and 3 and they are really well done - far beyond an audio book reading.  Yes, closer to an old radio drama.  There is additional ---script dialogue and narration for the story to deal with the lack of visual art Elfquest is known for, and the sound effects and background music are top notch.  Keep in mind each character is voiced by a separate actor. 

Imagine trying to render the following scene with to an audio-only format. Redlance at death's door in the desert with his lifemate (Nightfall) trying to reach him by "sending" and recalling memories together...  I was skeptical at first as well, but the example of this particular audio scene was very moving and successfully captured the feeling of the Elfquest saga.

If I had to venture a guess, this endeavor could take a further step later in the process and add animation with the soundtrack as is. I know that an anime format would reach a larger audience, and perhaps those discussions are already being done behind closed doors in Hollywood.  :wishluck:

oq02-18.jpg

Where do u listen?

The audio movie was crowdfunded and is currently in post-production, so the episodes are initially available to backers of the project.  But it should be released publicly fairly soon, I hope.

*edit - episode 4 just announced for release on May 21st for backers

Edited by BanjerD