• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 51
2 2

15 posts in this topic

First off, very nice book!  
It’s difficult to give an overall grade as defects and condition issues aren’t as easy to see if the book is left in the bag, and impossible to see on the back cover.  I would tentatively give this book a 7.5.

1 minute ago, MPH1964 said:

First off, very nice book!  
It’s difficult to give an overall grade as defects and condition issues aren’t as easy to see if the book is left in the bag, and impossible to see on the back cover.  I would tentatively give this book a 7.5.

It was a wild snow storm before I walked into the place that had this so I didn't want to 'leak' all over the book, I grabbed a few pics then left. I felt the pricing was a bit aggressive at $425 for how it sits. I'll try to get some better pics over the next few days to share. 

8 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

It was a wild snow storm before I walked into the place that had this so I didn't want to 'leak' all over the book, I grabbed a few pics then left. I felt the pricing was a bit aggressive at $425 for how it sits. I'll try to get some better pics over the next few days to share. 

I see, very prudent.  Belay my last outburst, then.  $425 for a CGC 9.0, sure.  For what might at best be an 8.0 (both bottom corners are soft, several color breaking staple and spine stresses AND it appears that the [in]conveniently placed price sticker is covering a corner crease) I am nowhere near that price.  Hope this helps.

11 minutes ago, MPH1964 said:

I see, very prudent.  Belay my last outburst, then.  $425 for a CGC 9.0, sure.  For what might at best be an 8.0 (both bottom corners are soft, several color breaking staple and spine stresses AND it appears that the [in]conveniently placed price sticker is covering a corner crease) I am nowhere near that price.  Hope this helps.

It certainly does help, I was in the process of talking myself into it as it was infront of me. Perhaps it was the convention withdrawal of not seeing lovely silver age gems in a while, or licking my wounds from being massively out bid on all my books of choice at last nights comic link auction.

13 hours ago, Deadpoolica said:

not good enough to warrant that price tag  :gossip:

I gotta agree here...I almost choked on my coffee!!!  🤢🤮😷

Then I realized that’s in Canadian $$$, so it’s more like $340 US.  Am I correct??  Would need to see clearer pics before I give a grade opinion though, but that might not be until summer after the snows melt. 👍🤪😂

1 hour ago, Galen130 said:

I gotta agree here...I almost choked on my coffee!!!  🤢🤮😷

Then I realized that’s in Canadian $$$, so it’s more like $340 US.  Am I correct??  Would need to see clearer pics before I give a grade opinion though, but that might not be until summer after the snows melt. 👍🤪😂

So, yes forgot to clarify that the price is indeed in cdn so would be closer to $340 usd. And current weather conditions have moved away from " torrential blizzard" to "sloppy mess on the ground". I believe I shall revisit the store and grab some better pics by Saturday to share.   

2 hours ago, Slyde said:

8.0 without any surprises on back or inside.

Agreed...

I can't count the number of times I've seen a book with a very nice-presenting front cover that has issues on the back cover...hope this isn't your experience when you have a chance to check it out further!

If everything else is clean and it's truly an 8.0, the $340 USD price tag exactly matches the last sale of this book in CGC 8.0 on GPA... hm