• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convince Me To Keep This Book
2 2

32 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

you probably won't even remember that you have it six months from now."

I didn't mean to imply that I didn't want to have an FF #9 in my collection. I have a full run of Fantastic Four from #1 - #6??, which is an important part of my collection. I should have said, "I probably won't even remember that it is a pence copy six months from now."

As I mentioned earlier, I have 120+ CGC books in my collection. Honestly, I am quite sure that I could identify all those books without looking, and I am pretty sure that I could tell you the grade of each one, +/- one grade. I'm also pretty sure that I would know the exact grade of well over 60% of them. It never ceases to amaze me how my brain can be so full of such trivial information like this, but, as of right now, I can't tell you where my reading glasses that are supposed to be on my desk are. Probably on top of the dryer or some equally inappropriate place. :preach:

The thought process of, "Man, I'm sure glad that I have a copy of FF #327 (or whatever non-key number you want)" never crossed my mind.

On 2/25/2021 at 8:58 PM, Math Teacher said:

I do really appreciate everyone's input on this. This is why I like coming here so much. It's nice to have a "conversation" with a group of knowledgeable people who have varied and informed opinions. If I needed to count how many people in my circle of friends and acquaintances with whom I could discuss this matter, it would only take one hand.

Not a good sign that a Maths Teacher needs help counting by using his fingers ... ;-)

I don't need fancy technology like that - for me the number is zero.