• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best 1st comic purchase Value Wise ($0-$500)
1 1

42 posts in this topic

On 2/25/2021 at 7:47 AM, Keys_Collector said:

Exactly this.  Find what interests you regardless of if the value jumps up or drops.  It's hard for anyone to say "you should buy THIS comic for $500" without knowing anything about you or your collecting habits.

Are you more interested in collecting 1st appearances, 1st issues or complete runs of a title?  What age are you looking to collect?  Golden/Silver/Bronze/Copper/Modern?

I'd suggest doing a lot of reading on this forum to get an idea of how others collect and what you're really interested in.  The latter is the most important past of this.

All of the most valuable comics I've owned cost less than my "big buy" purchases. The most I've ever spent for a single comic is $375 for a 7.0 Thun'da #1. It hasn't appreciated much in comparison to the thousands of comics I liked that I bought for much less, like my full run of Neal Adams Detective and Batman covers/stories, none of which cost me more than $10. If you buy what you like, you're more likely to spot it before anyone else does, while the price is still low.