• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn around times

24 posts in this topic

Turnaround time starts the day your cards are marked as received. I am not sure if the 30 days are business days. if they are, expect at least 6 weeks from received date. Once your cards go into grading, they are finished pretty quick,  so dont worry about them still just saying received. 

From when they put it in the system it starts. You should expect to see a minimum of 70 day for bulk. I personally think it's very likely to see turnaround time go up even more though. But you never know maybe they will get things caught up a bit. They say they expanding things.

Its more like 60-70 days for bulk right now. Its pretty brutal how hard they are getting hit with orders but it might be due to them changing pricing recently and people trying to get submissions in right before the price change. Id expect it to take 3 months at the moment from when you sent it for a turn around time. In a post pandemic world I wouldnt be shocked if it returns back to how it used to be when they first started.

4 minutes ago, JDayAD said:

Turnaround time starts the day your cards are marked as received. I am not sure if the 30 days are business days. if they are, expect at least 6 weeks from received date. Once your cards go into grading, they are finished pretty quick,  so dont worry about them still just saying received. 

Yeah its 30 business / working days. That's why I ask because they've now had my cards longer than that and still no progress. 

I'm going to be in a tough spot soon as i have subscription service that uses these cards.  I sent them in with about 9 weeks of cushion before I would be needing them. Around the time they arrived they changed the wait time so I have no idea if my cards got a 30 day wait, 45 day wait, 75 day wait or just whenever they feel like it. 

I love cgc for grading and I'm actually getting another submission ready so I have 4 or 5 months of cushion this time. But the whole recieved status sucks.

I think they should adopt a waiting line feature. Your order is in place 400/1500 and so on that way you have some inclination as to when you may expect your order.

1 minute ago, TerminalReality said:

Yeah its 30 business / working days. That's why I ask because they've now had my cards longer than that and still no progress. 

I'm going to be in a tough spot soon as i have subscription service that uses these cards.  I sent them in with about 9 weeks of cushion before I would be needing them. Around the time they arrived they changed the wait time so I have no idea if my cards got a 30 day wait, 45 day wait, 75 day wait or just whenever they feel like it. 

I love cgc for grading and I'm actually getting another submission ready so I have 4 or 5 months of cushion this time. But the whole recieved status sucks.

I think they should adopt a waiting line feature. Your order is in place 400/1500 and so on that way you have some inclination as to when you may expect your order.

I totally agree. I love CGC and will continue to use them, however I wish there was more transparency. I can understand the situation they are in, however they should at least be sending emails out to customers who will be seeing delays. Having no idea how long you have to wait makes the process so much more grueling.

25 minutes ago, LKG said:

It was a 100% Increase when I submitted mine at 30 days, so expect 150 business days when you submit your bulk lmao.

Last time I submitted I got mine back in exactly 30 days. If I would have know this would happen I would definitely have submitted sooner.

51 minutes ago, TerminalReality said:

I wouldn't worry too much, it's in "Received" status for 90% of the time. It generally only stays in "Scheduled for Grading" for a few business days, then depending on how many cards "Grading/Quality" is a day or two. I've got over 420 cards at or inbound to CGC since January and they are steadily moving through the queue at the expected speeds.

Edited by Rebel_Raccoon

55 minutes ago, Rebel_Raccoon said:

I wouldn't worry too much, it's in "Received" status for 90% of the time. It generally only stays in "Scheduled for Grading" for a few business days, then depending on how many cards "Grading/Quality" is a day or two. I've got over 420 cards at or inbound to CGC since January and they are steadily moving through the queue at the expected speeds.

Glad to hear your cards are moving as expected. This is my third set coming back and the first time I didn't receive them in hand within the expected time frame. Thats the only reason I was having concerns.

11 minutes ago, TerminalReality said:

Glad to hear your cards are moving as expected. This is my third set coming back and the first time I didn't receive them in hand within the expected time frame. Thats the only reason I was having concerns.

Yeah I wouldnt worry about the wait times increasing any further. I just had a standard submission get moved to schedule to grading and I sent it in on the 28th of January. Should get graded tomorrow or monday. Just lots of people getting antsy since they are at home bored with nothing to do with the pandemic still having everything shut down. I really do think that once most of the US gets vaccinated that the card industry will take a bit of a dive and the wait times here will probably be like nothing. The supply chain issues have been part to blame on why grading times are so backed up.

Um alot of ppl need to stop misinformed ppl. Scheduled for grading takes ot longer than a few business days. Some ppl stay weeks to months on Scheduled for grading. I'm on over 40 business days of being on received on my bulk order from Dec and thats before they switched tat. So if they switch tat u will be impacted even tho they say u won't. 

9 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Um alot of ppl need to stop misinformed ppl. Scheduled for grading takes ot longer than a few business days. Some ppl stay weeks to months on Scheduled for grading. I'm on over 40 business days of being on received on my bulk order from Dec and thats before they switched tat. So if they switch tat u will be impacted even tho they say u won't. 

December was definitely 30 day wait. I don't know how they do there scheduling but i think they need a better system. 

10 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

I have yet to have that issue. Every time its scheduled for grading, it gets graded pretty quickly. Regardless, that doesnt change anything. They are working on your stuff. Just relax.

6 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

I have yet to have that issue. Every time its scheduled for grading, it gets graded pretty quickly. Regardless, that doesnt change anything. They are working on your stuff. Just relax.

They are not, they are still alot of ppl before me thats on received. They are sinking and they know it

Why do u guys feel complaining is a bad thing. Complaining is what helps, when someone knows something is wrong they will work to fix it. Yall think ill be quite and stick up for them because maybe they will give me all perfect 10's lol. Its a place to talk about things and if ur giving misinformation ill give my thoughts and let ppl know the truth and not a sweet cover up

43 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Why is that such a "funny" joke. What i grade and what u grade doesn't matter. We all have different reasons to grade things.

What I grade is superior. Sorry but we all know that lightning is the superior energy and only noobs grade water energies. The real pros actually grade lightning energies from sword and shield elite trainer boxes. I just submitted 50 fresh from a rebel clash etb. Dont be mad that im better than you