• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCS Pressing 'P reject'
2 2

12 posts in this topic

I submitted and was returned a book for pressing ONLY. Other than the fact it took 5 months (wont do that again) ..it looks like they didnt even press it. There is also a 'P reject' label on the window bag. Does anyone know what that means?

5 minutes ago, Ed Hanes said:

I submitted and was returned a book for pressing ONLY. Other than the fact it took 5 months (wont do that again) ..it looks like they didnt even press it. There is also a 'P reject' label on the window bag. Does anyone know what that means?

I believe it means it was rejected for Pressing.  That's probably why it doesn't look pressed.  There may have been some reason why it couldn't safely be pressed. 

You mention a window bag, so it might have something to do with the signature - that pressing would interact with the pen/marker material on the cover, maybe smearing it.  You can check CGC customer service.  They probably have the submission notated.

7 minutes ago, Ed Hanes said:

when I said window bag..I just meant the mylar plastic bag they sent it back in. There are no sigs. IDK, it was a gold leaf Negan that got bent in shipping...maybe they cant press books with 'gold leaf' 

That could be the situation.  I know they can press regular foil issues like Venom Lethal Protector 1, which is also embossed, but it might be case by case.  Still good to email customer service for guidance on that.

I feel for you, waiting a long time and no joy.

Yeah, that does not surprise me, though.  They charge you as soon as they receive your order and set up the submission.  At least I think that's when  it's charged, been a while for CCS for me. 

So then when someone finally gets to do it, and can't for some reason, it's after the fact.  You would think that there could be some sort of credit to apply to a future order, at least some of it.  Not that it would help, as you have mentioned that you're not doing that again. 

You would also think that there would be some kind of indication of the reason why it wasn't pressed.  It shouldn't be a mystery.  Like if they had a card with all the possible reasons, and just checked off the one or more that applied to the situation.  Too ingenious, I guess. 

So you paid shipping both ways, an admin fee, a pressing fee, and got right back where you were 27 months ago.

3 hours ago, Ed Hanes said:

Seems a little messed up they would charge me for pressing...which they did. Anyway, thanks for the responses

They would since you didn't pay extra for the press screening fee.  It sucks big time though, that's why I send my books to be pressed by someone else. They will tell me if the book can't be pressed and I won't be charged for it.

They are refunding the pressing fee I paid since they don't actually tell submitters that they don't press foil covers. I also suggested they update their website to include a statement that foil covers cant be pressed

Edited by Ed Hanes

5 hours ago, Ed Hanes said:

They are refunding the pressing fee I paid since they don't actually tell submitters that they don't press foil covers. I also suggested they update their website to include a statement that foil covers cant be pressed

Glad to hear you got a refund on the pressing fee.  I know I have had foil covers pressed at CCS, but I'm sure each one is a different challenge.  It's possible that some particular issues are known to cause trouble.

On 3/3/2021 at 1:06 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Unless this is a change they have pressed Negan foils before without incident.