• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pgm Tales of Suspense #54
3 3

18 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Flammenwerfer said:

Idk is it possible the pics make it seem bad...to the naked eye it looks unrestored..?

Sorry. It doesn't mean it wasn't a pretty nice book to begin with, but those areas are color touch. You can also see tiny bits of bleedthrough on the inside front cover edges.

6 hours ago, Point Five said:

Unfortunately, quite a lot of color touch on the spine and edges. Apparent 6.5 or thereabouts.

I also agree with this grade...great catch!

@Randall Ries, I also initially thought the spine looked weird on the interior photo, but it's because the bottom staple is on the front cover rather than on the spine, causing the inside of the cover to look like it does when the book's opened...is that what you were referring to in your comment?

7 hours ago, silverseeker said:

I also agree with this grade...great catch!

@Randall Ries, I also initially thought the spine looked weird on the interior photo, but it's because the bottom staple is on the front cover rather than on the spine, causing the inside of the cover to look like it does when the book's opened...is that what you were referring to in your comment?

It is. Initially I thought the same. And it may well be. It's the above that staple area where it looks split. The bottom area looks like it's being caught by the staple. But not above it. Maybe a trick of the camera.

25 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Learned something new today.  Thanks @Point Five:golfclap:

Cheers guys, thanks for the kind words. :) 

As a general statement, not specific to this book: it's always suspicious when a GA/SA book has normal overall wear but seemingly no color breaks on the spine. A book needs to have been immaculately preserved to literally have no corner or spine color flakes at all. Similarly, when a book has normal wear but the top edge is razor sharp with no overhang, that can be a possible signal of trimming.