• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[Closed] Daredevil #1 and maybe some others
6 6

120 posts in this topic

Just now, Midas79 said:

One was a conditional offer, the other was an “I’ll take it!”  You don’t have to use the emoji. 

I know, there was another boardie with a message sent before both , I guess I was trying to say this was going to be a done deal out in the open. Time to strike was when you saw it.

I always thought 'take pending scan' gives the taker a short-term option, and that's how I would treat if I was selling.  I know this item isn't a case of that e.g., but it's more common here.

11 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

Seems pretty clear. First take with no strings attached wins.

I don't see it as strings, like a counter offer or "buy if you do this...".  I see it as I want it, but would like to see the back first, in which case I'd like chance to back out if something unexpected shows itself there. 

Edited by grebal

1 minute ago, grebal said:

I always thought 'take pending scan' is an option, and that's how I would treat if I was selling.

I don't see it as strings, like a counter offer or "buy if you do this...".  I see it as I want it, but would like to see the back first. 

Of course, it's ultimately up to the seller but "pending" means "not yet decided"

3 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I was going to make a snarky comment, but thought about it and decided not to.  I don’t know who should have the right to purchase in this case, but I do feel bad for whoever doesn’t get it.  Obviously it’s a wonderful book and I wish there was more than one copy for sale.

agreed...unfortunately, one of the boardies will be unhappy and this is something you never like to see on the boards

Edited by Funnybooks

The clearest thing to me is that unless the rules state how "take it pending <whatever>" is to be handled by the seller, everyone should probably refrain from using it in the future, as it is too confusing / subject to interpretation IMO...

Edited by Superman2006

3 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I was going to make a snarky comment, but thought about it and decided not to.  I don’t know who should have the right to purchase in this case, but I do feel bad for whoever doesn’t get it.  Obviously it’s a wonderful book and I wish there was more than one copy for sale.

I'll bite

Seller could always sell it to RallyRd and each of them could get 50% of the shares.

"I could see this going the full 12 rounds folks, each boxer looks tired but they are still giving it all they got!"

8 minutes ago, grebal said:

I always thought 'take pending scan' gives the taker a short-term option, and that's how I would treat if I was selling.  I know this item isn't a case of that e.g., but it's more common here.

I don't see it as strings, like a counter offer or "buy if you do this...".  I see it as I want it, but would like to see the back first, in which case I'd like chance to back out if something unexpected shows itself there. 

“I want it, but would like ‘INSERT WANT’ first” is the definition of a condition, in my opinion...