• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[Closed] Daredevil #1 and maybe some others
6 6

120 posts in this topic

My issue is that someone could have drawn something obnoxious on the back and without a pic that can’t be confirmed. I feel that for a $14,000 book the seller should have provided a pic of the back. Otherwise, this provides sellers an unfair opportunity to hide the condition of the back cover. To each their own but for $14,000 sellers should provide a pic of the front and back. Cheers!

2 minutes ago, MTMcomics said:

My issue is that someone could have drawn something obnoxious on the back and without a pic that can’t be confirmed. I feel that for a $14,000 book the seller should have provided a pic of the back. Otherwise, this provides sellers an unfair opportunity to hide the condition of the back cover. To each their own but for $14,000 sellers should provide a pic of the front and back. Cheers!

You must be new here.

42 minutes ago, Midas79 said:

P

It’s more than fair to want to see the back cover before making an unequivocal commitment to purchase, especially of a book that size; however, while you’re waiting for it, if someone wants the book to the extent that they will unequivocally purchase without seeing the back cover (and do), it just means you weren’t able to buy the book. 

I get it. Just saying this could have been avoided if the seller would have provided a pic of the back cover at the time of the posting for a $14,000 book. It’s all good. Hopefully, there isn’t a drawing of a big #%?! on the back cover waiting for the new owner. Otherwise, maybe he’ll just repost it for sale here without a pic of the back cover too.. 😉

Edited by MTMcomics

10 hours ago, trashcollector said:

take pending back cover pic

If you had won the book, but didn't like how the back cover looked, would you have still moved forward with the purchase? 

1 hour ago, gunsmokin said:

It means that it would never had a graded an 8.5 if someone had drawn something or anything inappropriate on the back cover.

Interesting because I just saw another book in a 7.5 with writing on the back cover. So what is the cut off in grading for writing on the front or back? I’ve never heard a definitive answer to this. Also, you don’t have to be an entitled &@@ with your comment “you must be new to the boards.” 

Edited by MTMcomics