• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[Closed] Daredevil #1 and maybe some others
6 6

120 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:
2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Ryan deserves at least an honorable mention. He makes me fall out of my chair laughing quite frequently.

I'll take my participation trophy and stroke it lovingly at night.

There you go again......, lol

1 book for sale and it sold within minutes for 5 figures yet the thread goes to five pages and over 3.5k views! :whatthe:

The key to success, demonstrated by ComicLink and your cuddly Badger, is DO NOT POST BACK PICTURE SCANS! :whee:

Brought to you by Badger brand comics: Simplifying the sales process since 1998!

Regarding back cover surprises, I was looking at a Tales to Astonish #49 in CGC 9.0 a few years ago with the intent to buy, but upon close inspection I saw that someone drew a beard on Albert Dorne on the back cover so I passed on it... lol

I'm not sure if it was missed during grading or factored into the final grade, but it was not noted in the graders notes.

Keeping on topic, that is a beautiful copy of Daredevil #1...congrats to both buyer and seller!

39 minutes ago, Badger said:

1 book for sale and it sold within minutes for 5 figures yet the thread goes to five pages and over 3.5k views! :whatthe:

The key to success, demonstrated by ComicLink and your cuddly Badger, is DO NOT POST BACK PICTURE SCANS! :whee:

Brought to you by Badger brand comics: Simplifying the sales process since 1998!

CGC losing the back cover of a major silver key after grading but before slabbing is not unheard of. ..

Edited by Wolverinex

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I keep hoping for more books to be posted.

I have a few good customers who were promised first dibs on 2-5 but if they pass on them as a lot then they will go up for sale individually. I might even post back covers in random order.

9 hours ago, lizards2 said:
10 hours ago, gunsmokin said:
10 hours ago, Funnybooks said:

gunsmokin is the boards jokster...all in jest 

2nd only to you and Liz.

Ryan deserves at least an honorable mention. He makes me fall out of my chair laughing quite frequently.

Zip it buster, its Fri night. 101?

4 hours ago, silverseeker said:

I was looking at a Tales to Astonish #49 in CGC 9.0 a few years ago with the intent to buy, but upon close inspection I saw that someone drew a beard on Albert Dorne on the back cover so I passed on it... lol

That could have been the elusive " Beatnick File Copy " discovered by Dupcak along with the Eastern File Copies?