• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
6 6

312 posts in this topic

Howdy page sniffers!
Well,  I may finally be seeing  the light  at the end of the tunnel.   My Beloved and  I got  our  first  Covid vaccinations  yesterday, with the 
second  due  March 24th.  A couple  small  shows  locally  have opened back up, half  capacity,  masks  mandatory. We might actually 
be  able to come out  from underneath  a yearlong lockdown  in  a couple months!  Cat and I locked down  last year on  March 10, 
and  it's been post office,  doctor,  pharmacy and bank for me,  with  bank  and  pharmacy  being  drive thru,  and grocery store for Cat, 
and  except for  a  couple  invitation  buying trips,  masked and gloved,  that's been  about it!

February  was  brutal here in Michigan, subzero temperatures at night,   teens for daily  highs,  and  a buttload of snow after a warm and 
open  January,  we've got  cabin fever like you  wouldn't  buh-LEEVE. 

So to while  away  the last dregs of February,  I've rooted around in the Basement Crypt of Comics  and  come up  with  yet another mixed grille.
Couple  pulps,   some western  digests,   mixed grille  of  comics including a SA  key or two, and even  a couple more  Atlas books. 

I'll  probably  run this  for about five days,  maybe  six,   I don't want to work TOO hard during  Cabin Fever  Season, :D

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$15.50 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Jimmy  Wakely 9

An overlooked   gem out of the  Jim  Clark  collection, I found it misfiled while digging around this week. 
Flat,  good gloss,  white pages,  minor general wear.   Lower  staple  nearly detached on  CF,  touch of  foxing along RH  and  upper FC, 

Sharp copy for  $20  SOLD!

IjH2Uks.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Spider The Master of Men!  V24 #1,  June  1941

You can see the  bit upper  RH  folded over,   I thought it would be  good to show the tear...and of  course the piece fell off  when  I 
tried to rebag it, lol  Piece included of course. Bit of  spine roll,  fair sized corner off lower  RH BC. 
Page 6,  the first of two editorial pages  has  a good  half page torn out,  see the pix. Split  upper spine along  BC.
Still,  it's  a  Spider pulp, stories  are complete,  and  the cover is  juicy. Cops to the left,  Robbers to the right,  and OUR HERO
fights his way  through to  rescue the leggy damsel!

Asking  $35

6AproZw.jpg

EjYvNPZ.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 112

Nice reader, with general wear,  tiny  corner of upper RH FC,  a number of  chips around perimeter  FC and couple more BC. 
Decent gloss left,  tight with  white pages. 

Asking  $10

MQXdpXb.jpg

Pogo Possum 2

General wear,   slight spine roll, small tears inside, nothing touches the art.  Bit of gloss left, 
minor  soiling,   tight with offwhite pages 

Asking  $25

PNdq8Zf.jpg

Trail Dust by  Clarence E.  Mulford

Hopalong  Cassidy novel  in digest size, Thrilling  Books  issue 11, measures 5-1/2 x 7-5/8, squarebound. 
Chip out upper  edge spine strip,  otherwise flat, tight,  square,   glossy, offwhite pages. Light  NCB dogear upper  LH BC, 
light  pencil  mark upper  RH  BC.   A beauty. 

Asking $15

ILNEMSn.jpg

4HcB92m.jpg

Super Duck 26

Split and chip upper spine, chips out around perimeter  BC, ink and  sub-type crease  FC, general wear. Tight with offwhite pages. 

Asking  $10  SOLD!

3PGVUgw.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds 7
Small  tear through entire  book upper  center,  some general wear, light soiling  BC.  Flat, tight,  white pages

Asking $10  SOLD!

swf9bUo.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Patsy Walker 54

Couple chips out  BC, dogear upper  LH  BC, bit of soiling.   Flat,  tight,   bit of gloss,   cream - offwhite pages. 
Some general wear. 

Asking  $20

dvRiUHR.jpg

44 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Howdy page sniffers!
Well,  I may finally be seeing  the light  at the end of the tunnel.   My Beloved and  I got  our  first  Covid vaccinations  yesterday, with the 
second  due  March 24th.  A couple  small  shows  locally  have opened back up, half  capacity,  masks  mandatory. We might actually 
be  able to come out  from underneath  a yearlong lockdown  in  a couple months!  Cat and I locked down  last year on  March 10, 
and  it's been post office,  doctor,  pharmacy and bank for me,  with  bank  and  pharmacy  being  drive thru,  and grocery store for Cat, 
and  except for  a  couple  invitation  buying trips,  masked and gloved,  that's been  about it!

February  was  brutal here in Michigan, subzero temperatures at night,   teens for daily  highs,  and  a buttload of snow after a warm and 
open  January,  we've got  cabin fever like you  wouldn't  buh-LEEVE. 

So to while  away  the last dregs of February,  I've rooted around in the Basement Crypt of Comics  and  come up  with  yet another mixed grille.
Couple  pulps,   some western  digests,   mixed grille  of  comics including a SA  key or two, and even  a couple more  Atlas books. 

I'll  probably  run this  for about five days,  maybe  six,   I don't want to work TOO hard during  Cabin Fever  Season, :D

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$15.50 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Jimmy  Wakely 9

An overlooked   gem out of the  Jim  Clark  collection, I found it misfiled while digging around this week. 
Flat,  good gloss,  white pages,  minor general wear.   Lower  staple  nearly detached on  CF,  touch of  foxing along RH  and  upper FC, 

Sharp copy for  $20

IjH2Uks.jpg

I'll take it.

46 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

My Beloved and  I got  our  first  Covid vaccinations  yesterday, with the 
second  due  March 24th. 

Excellent, Rick! :applause:

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

Excellent, Rick! :applause:

I'm a happy  camper!  At 66 and a  fat  to boot,   I've  been real  tight with the lockdown,   after  a  year  I'm  getting really bored,  lol

Hot Gold by  Frederick R. Bechdolt

Western novel  in digest size, Century Adventures  issue 102
Tiny chips  upper  and lower spine,  otherwise  flat,   tight,   clean,  square,  glossy, cream - off white pages. 
Light  rubbing,  small  pencil  BC.  Another little squarebound digest gem. 5-1/4 x 7-1/2 

Asking  $15

6SwkBO1.jpg

08ZsyAF.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Captain  Video  #1
Another out of the Jim  Clark  Collection, a rare non-war, non-western!

Good sized tear  upper LH  edge BC  pulled lower staple,  plenty of general  wear.  Interior is  nice, tight with offwhite pages. 

O'street  G is over $100,  asking  $75

HuYSFwM.jpg

Pogo Possum 3

Ink  in  the logo,   what is it with nine year olds and  fountain pens?  :D

Spine roll,  general wear, pulled lower staple on  CF, some dogears.   Bit of gloss left,  offwhite pages. 

Asking $15 for a nice reader

Y0gtb2R.jpg

High  Chaparral Annual 

British  hardcover,  1970
Color comics and illustrated stories throughout, nearly 100 pages.   Touch of general wear,  small tear lower  LH  FC,   one 
page interior with  crossword puzzle done.  Quite nice,  square with  bone white pages. 

Asking  $20 with  solo shipping for this item,  $8.50 priority envelope, or  combine with others for  flatrate  Priority  boxed shipping. 

PCrXxZF.jpg

Here's one to tide you all over  until  early afternoon,  look  for a handful around 2 PM

Melvin the Monster  #1  
(Glances  at  cover)  DANG!  Wrong  Larson  signature!  :D

Flat  and tight,  white pages, good gloss,  but there's  Marvel...well, Atlas  chipping  along  upper and RH  edge FC,
couple more  teensy chips out BC.  And here's  an atypical  Joe Maneely  cover for you to boot!

Asking $25  SOLD!

zT4DKjE.jpg

Edited by catrick339

18 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Here's one to tide you all over  until  early afternoon,  look  for a handful around 2 PM

Melvin the Monster  #1  
(Glances  at  cover)  DANG!  Wrong  Larson  signature!  :D

Flat  and tight,  white pages, good gloss,  but there's  Marvel...well, Atlas  chipping  along  upper and RH  edge FC,
couple more  teensy chips out BC.  And here's  an atypical  Joe Maneely  cover for you to boot!

Asking $25

zT4DKjE.jpg

Take