• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
6 6

312 posts in this topic

Captain Easy #1  (1956)

Small tear RH edge FC, otherwise minor general wear, couple teensy tears  BC. Flat,  clean, tight,  white pages. 
And that pink just  POPS. 

Asking $20

HIjvpXn.jpg

Journey Into Mystery 77

Small tear RH edge FC,  bit of general  wear,  and I'm pretty  certain that both FC and BC  have been  trimmed RH edge. 
Flat and tight enough, nice gloss, white pages.  Cool  blurb  lower edge page 16 advertising  The Fantastic  Four, 
"Get Your Spine-Tingling Copy Today! This would have been on the stands same time as  issue  two or three.

Asking $60  SOLD!

53OXUKm.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Captain Video 4

Cover loose,   spine taped, couple more pieces upper edge FC.  And that still makes me laugh,  taping up 
a couple tiny tears on the FC and ignoring one  LH edge BC,  lol
Interior is nice,  tight with offwhite - white pages. 

Nice reader with entirely  too much tape for $35

epAuqSy.jpg

30 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

On that note,  let's list a few comics!

My Greatest Adventure 82
Third  appearance of The Doom Patrol

When I was a kid,  this was the first  comic I read  about  this group,  just about concurrently with X-Men 1. Been in love with 
both groups  ever since. 

Small dogear lower RH FC, minor general wear. Flat  tight spine and CF,  glossy, clean, white pages. 

Asking $50

:takeit:

On 2/27/2021 at 3:34 PM, catrick339 said:

Our Fighting Forces 18
Rough reader.  

Well,  it's  complete  and readable, but plenty of minor mayhem,   splits along  spine,    cover  appears to be 
glued to the interior  inbetween the splits,  lots of general wear to boot.  Interior is solid enough with offwhite pages. 

Asking  $5

:takeit:

My Greatest Adventure 83 is  SOLD!
My Greatest Adventure 82 is  SOLD!
Our Fighting Forces 18  is  SOLD!

Thanks arzach421!

Well kids,  that's it for the afternoon session.  Back this evening with another stack, hope to see you then!

Howdy! Still cropping a few scans,  here's something to hold you for a few more minutes. 

Fight Comics 85

Cover loose,  tape repairs along spine, couple more inside FC and BC. Interior is decent, bit of spine roll,  tight with white pages.

Nice reader for $10  SOLD!

4Ty3haW.jpg

Edited by catrick339

8 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Howdy! Still cropping a few scans,  here's something to hold you for a few more minutes. 

Fight Comics 85

Cover loose,  tape repairs along spine, couple more inside FC and BC. Interior is decent, bit of spine roll,  tight with white pages.

Nice reader for $10

4Ty3haW.jpg

Take

Gunsmoke Over Utah, Herbert Shappiro
Digest size,  5-1/4 x 7-1/2, squarebound. 
Prize Western Novels,  issue 20

Published by  Crestwood  Publishing.
Yes,  this is the same  publishing  company as  Prize Comics,   Black  Magic,  and Young Romance. 

Touch of stacking roll, otherwise flat, tight,  square,  clean,  glossy,  offwhite - white pages. Light coffee ring  FC. 
Small  pencil notation  lower BC.  Most of these digests  have something similar,  see previous posts. 

Asking $20

1PZkOwz.jpg

5B7rfji.jpg

Marvel Family 89

"What Happened To The Marvel Family?"  A fair  question.  This is the final  issue of the series,  and hast to be the last,
or close to it,  of the Fawcett superhero  comics.  A couple different dealers have told me that this issue is tougher to 
find than most,  and I may even believe them. 

General wear,  bit of chipping along upper edge BC, spot of fading LH edge FC, CF loose.  Flat,  good gloss,  white pages. 

Asking $65  SOLD!

kzAU7TN.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Comic Cavalcade 31

Tiny tear LH edge BC, bit of general wear,   small pieces out spine strip upper and lower  spine>
Flat,  clean,  square,  bit of gloss left,   white pages. 

Asking $40

ibGkmMX.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 57

Chip out LH edge BC,  small piece out lower edge BC, bit of general wear. Good sized light dogear upper RH FC. 
Flat,  tight spine and CF,  glossy,  white pages. 

Asking $20  SOLD!

4b6L0HM.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Super Duck 64

Nicest of the title so far in this thread,  there's just not much wrong here. 
Whiff of general wear,  one spot of gloss loss lower edge BC, barely discolored  drop of water by the looks of it. 
That's pretty much it. Flat,  glossy,  clean,  tight spine and CF,  bone white pages. 

I don't mind keeping this one,  that  small pen arrival date upper FC just happens to be my birthday, exactly 
one year after I was born. 

Asking  $40

zwG5mCs.jpg

Tales To Astonish 36
3rd Ant Man,  second in  costume. 

Marvel  chipping upper edge FC, several large light dogears FC,  some general wear. 
Flat,  tight,  decent gloss,  white pages. Five page Ditko story  in the back. 

Asking $150  SOLD!

wc1Cshv.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Buster Brown  Comics 14

Rough reader.  Cover  loose,  couple tiny pieces of tape inside spine,  plenty of  chips and small pieces out 
of  cover perimeter, general wear. Tears inside,  couple  get into the art a bit. Several leaves  have  small corners off, 
nothing that touches the art. 

Grab a reader for $5

3CE4Z7H.jpg

Comic Comics 8

Small light water lower edge FC and BC, bit of general wear,  couple small tears inside. 
Flat and tight,  white pages. 
Four pages of Wolverton,  Mystic Moot and his Magic Snoot

Asking $20
rvVKOa5.jpg

Avengers 3

Nice reading copy,  not much better.  Spine roll,  light water stain upper LH FC,  more water along lower  edge FC and BC, 
plenty of general wear. Tight, white pages. Well,  it looks pretty good in a mylar...

Yours for $80  SOLD!

cPrV1Ah.jpg

Edited by catrick339