• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
6 6

312 posts in this topic

...and on that bit of tomfoolery,   we're done for the evening.  Time for a late supper,  Cat made  roast chicken and roast garlic cauliflower 
for dinner.   Back tomorrow with more interesting  funnybooks. 

Just now, catrick339 said:

...and on that bit of tomfoolery,   we're done for the evening.  Time for a late supper,  Cat made  roast chicken and roast garlic cauliflower 
for dinner.   Back tomorrow with more interesting  funnybooks. 

:(  I just finished my teaching class and missed it out.

Well, the dog got me up  waaaay  before  I wanted to, so it's coffee and comics  this morning. 

Couple of  Early Bird Specials  to  start the day right!

Sweetheart  Diary 48

Minor general wear on a tight,  clean,  flat, glossy  copy with white  pages.  

Pretty  copy for $20  SOLD!

jrmCQ3z.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Guns of Powder River, Oscar J. Friend
Bonded Western, issue 10C
Digest size, 4-7/8 x 7-5/8
Folded and stapled spine

Bit of  rubbing along spine FC, minor general wear, strip of sun fading along RH edge BC. 
Flat and tight,  good gloss, cream - offwhite pages

Asking $20

uAooHM8.jpg

DgbAar8.jpg

Patsy Walker 66

Quarter sized corner off lower LH BC, CF loose, small tear upper edge FC.  couple chips out spine.
Bit of spine/stacking roll, small tears and small piece out of CF.  Decent gloss,  offwhite pages. 

Attractive reader for $10

MPk1Nm1.jpg

Here's the last  of the Early Birds.  Let's go out with  a bang. 

Tales of Suspense 40, second Iron Man,  last  appearance of Tony  in the original  gray armor.  By  the story's end 
he's got it painted up  all gleamy  gold!  Great 5 page  Ditko  backup  story in  this issue to boot.

Flat,  tight spine and CF,  decent gloss, white pages.
BUT!  RH edge  appears trimmed to me,  upper edge  is  a little  Marvel chippy.  another chip out lower  edge FC. And do
you see  that little scritchy scratch in the logo below the "U" in Suspense?  That's an eighth inch round hole through the cover. 
You don't notice it much because  the color on page 1 behind it  matches nearly perfectly. 

A 3.5 trimmed  copy sold in  November for $340, let's undercut it a bit. 

An attractive, likely-trimmed  copy for  $300  SOLD!

p1o3s8s.jpg

Edited by catrick339

6 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Here's the last  of the Early Birds.  Let's go out with  a bang. 

Tales of Suspense 40, second Iron Man,  last  appearance of Tony  in the original  gray armor.  By  the story's end 
he's got it painted up  all gleamy  gold!  Great 5 page  Ditko  backup  story in  this issue to boot.

Flat,  tight spine and CF,  decent gloss, white pages.
BUT!  RH edge  appears trimmed to me,  upper edge  is  a little  Marvel chippy.  another chip out lower  edge FC. And do
you see  that little scritchy scratch in the logo below the "U" in Suspense?  That's an eighth inch round hole through the cover. 
You don't notice it much because  the color on page 1 behind it  matches nearly perfectly. 

A 3.5 trimmed  copy sold in  November for $340, let's undercut it a bit. 

An attractive, likely-trimmed  copy for  $300

p1o3s8s.jpg

take

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

“Pretty firm”? :roflmao:

15 hours ago, rjpb said:

Come on, at our age you should appreciate that qualifier.

Y'know,  after  debating these posts  all morning,  I've decided  that mine is both firm AND  pretty. 

On that note,  let's list a few comics!

My Greatest Adventure 82
Third  appearance of The Doom Patrol

When I was a kid,  this was the first  comic I read  about  this group,  just about concurrently with X-Men 1. Been in love with 
both groups  ever since. 

Small dogear lower RH FC, minor general wear. Flat  tight spine and CF,  glossy, clean, white pages. 

Asking $50  SOLD!

3zwD2Kc.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Dime Action Book nn,  Minute Man

These were Fawcett's  answer to  Big Little Books,  and as far as I can tell they only  ever produced four of them. 

This one looks great from the FC,  but  unfortunately the mouses  have  been at the lower  half  of the back spine. Sigh...
Sharp copy,  clean and square,  brilliant colors,  tight with offwhite pages. Both covers still firmly attached. Just the mouse chew to deal with. 
House ads inside the covers for Master and Minute Man comics,   owner's name and addy in ink  page 1.

Asking  $40, and I don't mind keeping this one. 

9X6NlAQ.jpg

ohZBBwy.jpg

Wanted Comics 51
Holiday of Horror,   junkie story inside. 

Red is faded upper half  FC, splits upper and lower spine.  That missing corner lower LH isn't actually missing, 
it's folded under the interior. Flat and clean, but a couple tiny chips out BC,  small dust shadow upper edge RH  BC. 
Tight,  good gloss, offwhite pages,  but I think the perimeter of the cover is starting to get a little brittle. 

Asking  $35  SOLD!

flJBRWM.jpg

Edited by catrick339