• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things what mean something to you

13 posts in this topic

I thought this would be a nice idea to set up just posting items what to you have a personal connection. Like this killing joke is signed but to me it’s the fact that the person who got it signed for themselves was actually kind enough to give to me as a present for helping them out at the comic con. So if you have any happy memories of getting a comic of someone share it I mean we could all do with something cheerful after last year it doesn’t even have to be a comic could be art or a sketch or a statue or a model anything really I guess

360CB6B1-7305-4FEF-B9B0-550B3E7127AF.jpeg

Some of the nicest gestures ever made to me by a boardie seller were during Howard Greber’s final year here.  Out of the blue he PM’d me with several offers of generosity...

- A Freak Brothers 1 first print slab, an excellently-presenting 9.0 with great OW/W page quality for an underground. Even more so, priced at half GPA.

- A raw Weirdom Illustrated 13, publisher file copy, Richard Corben’s first comic work, graded a cheap 9.0, actually a stunning-looking copy, closer to 9.4 .

- He also said that as an extra surprise he’d got me a copy of a Richard Corben self-published ashcan, signed by the artist, and had thrown that in the package as well.

All great books; mementos of one of the most thoughtful, generous and sadly-missed boardies.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I had the pleasure of interacting with and purchasing from Howard Greber in his last couple weeks. I knew nothing of Underground comics at the time but I was drawn towards the books he posted. I claimed quite a few of them including high grade Air Pirates #1 and his original owner copy of Mr Natural 2. All of them were at great prices and he brought the prices down further as a package deal. I inquired if there were any UG books  featuring cats. His response was to give me free of charge all of the Fat Freddys cat books. This was the most generous and thoughtful thing anyone in the comics world has ever done for me. I would never sell any of the books I bought from him especially the fat freddys cat books.  I even haver them listed in my notes as "Greber copies".

Its weird sometimes what really caught you and dont let go.one of those things for me was way back when,my father wanted to show me the cartoons he was watching when he was younger though for me it stays a myth that he was once young,anyway he showed me on vas dr dooms day with ff and submariner bases on the book ff6.each week my father rented that tape it was my favorite even tough i didnt know a Word of english it didnt matter.when i saw ff6 in Montréal comic con in7.0 cgc white pages there was no question in my mind i bought it never regreted it,will never regret it.cant put a price on that even if they did lol.just to say that yeah i have comics that cost me a lot more but thats my favorite.same with asm 3 in 4.o cgc ss when i met stan lee second to last thing id ever sell,i have 3 other book signed by stan lee but thats the one when i met him.cant put a price on that in my book lol good day to you all(thumbsu

23 hours ago, B2D327 said:

My eldest brother bought me a copy off the rack when I was a wee lad and even though that copy has probably disintegrated into “the snap” like particles by now, the image always remained fresh in my mind over the past 45 years so when I started replacing my collection last year, it was one of the first books I had to find.

8BFDF5FC-27C9-4D52-86C2-5DC881BD4674.jpeg

Thats a good book.mike grell outdid himself on that one +first lea tompkins important character!later played by morena bacarin in gotam,i love that book