• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What movie based "key" are you most annoyed by?

153 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

I think it was Ultimate Team-Up #5 that had the first SLJ version of Nick Fury.

I have no idea what issue it was, but it was definitely Ultimate Nick Fury, years before the MCU.

20 minutes ago, C'mon said:

Someone hasn't heard of Godzilla vs Kong yet :whistle:

I can't wait, I really want Kong to win, but if Godzilla takes him into the water he is finished. He needs to gain the high ground, and attack from above. If Godzilla sets up a beachhead and makes a feint retreat, he can lure Kong into the water, especially if he exploits his temper. Kong needs to stay relaxed and calm, catch Godzilla with the element of surprise, go for a swim slowly pulling the leviathan from the depths, then hit him where he is weak (in the jungle).

The last few movies Kong has put on a few pounds, I'd say he is gonna have to cut some weight for this one.

46 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I can't wait, I really want Kong to win, but if Godzilla takes him into the water he is finished. He needs to gain the high ground, and attack from above. If Godzilla sets up a beachhead and makes a feint retreat, he can lure Kong into the water, especially if he exploits his temper. Kong needs to stay relaxed and calm, catch Godzilla with the element of surprise, go for a swim slowly pulling the leviathan from the depths, then hit him where he is weak (in the jungle).

The last few movies Kong has put on a few pounds, I'd say he is gonna have to cut some weight for this one.

It'll be a draw after each takes turns getting the upper hand until they reluctantly unite against a common foe. Then at the end they go their separate ways, perhaps with a new found respect for the other, but hardly friends.

14 minutes ago, MR SigS said:

It'll be a draw after each takes turns getting the upper hand until they reluctantly unite against a common foe. Then at the end they go their separate ways, perhaps with a new found respect for the other, but hardly friends.

It'll be Mechazilla because humans just can't keep out of the drama

2 hours ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

Ultimate Nick Fury's first appearance was in Ultimate Marvel Team Up #5, but as drawn by Michael Allred he looked similar to 616 Fury. I think he was first drawn looking like Samuel L Jackson by Bryan Hitch in the Ultimates #2.

Wait, so they introduced Nick Fury into the Ultimate universe and then later changed him? Was there an explanation?

Honestly the book I’m most annoyed about has to be silver surfer 3 I just managed to get enough to get upgrade and before i know it all the copies I was interested in are gone all because Wandavision speculation and anyone who’s watched it knows how well that worked out 

Edited by Tghutcn

Me what annoy me the most is not as much the first appearance in comics.the worst is first appearance in continuity of dc or marvel universe per example.hey come on they are in comics for years literally and then sudenly they are aproved in the universe continuity,i hate those so much and people pay high price for them.its like recognition that the character is now big enough to be in the universe continuity while the compagnies already made million with their other appearance,for me its hypocracy at its worst 

20 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Me what annoy me the most is not as much the first appearance in comics.the worst is first appearance in continuity of dc or marvel universe per example.hey come on they are in comics for years literally and then sudenly they are aproved in the universe continuity,i hate those so much and people pay high price for them.its like recognition that the character is now big enough to be in the universe continuity while the compagnies already made million with their other appearance,for me its hypocracy at its worst 

BA99A7F6-7D25-4547-A1AE-B1120BAA4B18.gif

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Wait, so they introduced Nick Fury into the Ultimate universe and then later changed him? Was there an explanation?

No I do not believe that there was. Hitch just thought that it was cool so he drew him that way from what I recall. But this is memory and that was a while ago

The books don't bother me, it's how young collectors want every "key" indiscriminately.  As soon as something's announced, there's no longer a question if there will be enough demand to drive up the price of a book, only how much it will go up by.  It doesn't matter how insignificant the character, the people buying it have no sense of context.

New Gods 7.  I was in the midst of finishing up my high grade Kirby run when prices went crazy.  Gave up chasing it after that and just bought the omnibus.