• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What movie based "key" are you most annoyed by?

153 posts in this topic

I jumped the gun selling my edge of spider verse 2 and  amazing Spider-Man 4 for first appearances - they are in a different realm now , that and “ something is killing the children “- I never assumed staying power with any of the 3 listed above 

I’m just annoyed I got rid of them ... it’s a different world now 

Edited by Old_Man_Adam
Clarity

Based on very little recent ebay data is is about 1/3 the value of a TTA 27, a big chunk harder to find. Both pretty peripheral characters, though Ant Man in TTA 27 is too in the MCU as it isn't the same guy. About half the price is TTA 13, although TTA 13's Groot is pretty far removed from the loveable cinematic version. But a little more expensive than Sgt. Fury 1, albeit a much more common book.

I bought a Clone Wars #1 (~VFNM) for a dollar at a used book store a few years ago. When it started to blow up, a few folks here were saying it was a flash-in-the-pan will drop like a turd in a month book. I sold it for $200. I was happy. I was even happier when the buyer wanted to cancel the sale. Now I'm even more happy to still have it. :D

5 hours ago, the blob said:

Blade was Marvel's first foray into movies. Before Spiderman. Before X-Men. Before Iron Man. He had THREE movies (which means the first two made money). And Ryan Reynolds years before Deadpool or Wolverine or Green Lantern. And a terrible TV show. Blade has the potential to make a comeback. Definitely. BUT BUT BUT...vampire hunter shows are like lawyers in New York, you see one every 10 feet. He need to tie into the MCU. He needs to be Marvel's Vampire hunter. That's the mistake with Hellstrom. Demon exorcist shows are a dime a dozen too. They needed to tie him into the MCU early. He needed to be Marvel's Demon Exorcist.

Leonardo Pointing finger.jpg

Edited by jcjames

7 minutes ago, jcjames said:

I bought a Clone Wars #1 (~VFNM) for a dollar at a used book store a few years ago. When it started to blow up, a few folks here were saying it was a flash-in-the-pan will drop like a turd in a month book. I sold it for $200. I was happy. I was even happier when the buyer wanted to cancel the sale. Now I'm even more happy to still have it. :D

Good find on the clone wars 1 I got mine from a trade from the local comic store the amount I traded was nothing but because it had one book he wanted he gave me 20 trade and I managed to get clone wars 1-8 and hulk 271 all before it got ridiculous prices for them i nearly sold my 1 for 250 but decided not to take the offer glad I kept hold of it 

19 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Leonardo Pointing finger.jpg

just dumb that marvel would greenight a show, it would be on a service mostly owned by marvel, and then marvel doesn't "own" the character as one that has been in the MCU rubbing shoulders with super hero types for 40 years. they don't need to go crazy with it, just throw us a bone or six to tie it all into the MCU. bring in Wong from Dr. Strange to provide a consult if you don't want to pay cumberbatch. maybe robby reyes pops in for half an episode. something! Of course, my idea that Blade works peripherally with SHIELD to deal with vampires already exists in the comics, which I did not know about. seems logical that shield would have its toes in a lot of things. Again, Blade does not need to have much to do with the MCU, I wouldn't want a "Blade AGENT of SHIELD" (even if he might be one), just drop a few ties into the mcu.

8 minutes ago, the blob said:

just dumb that marvel would greenight a show, it would be on a service mostly owned by marvel, and then marvel doesn't "own" the character as one that has been in the MCU rubbing shoulders with super hero types for 40 years. they don't need to go crazy with it, just throw us a bone or six to tie it all into the MCU. bring in Wong from Dr. Strange to provide a consult if you don't want to pay cumberbatch. maybe robby reyes pops in for half an episode. something! Of course, my idea that Blade works peripherally with SHIELD to deal with vampires already exists in the comics, which I did not know about. seems logical that shield would have its toes in a lot of things. Again, Blade does not need to have much to do with the MCU, I wouldn't want a "Blade AGENT of SHIELD" (even if he might be one), just drop a few ties into the mcu.

Just have him go after Morbius.(shrug)

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

Just have him go after Morbius.(shrug)

sure, aside from chasing dracula that is one of his earliest comic appearances, so I hope they mush that in there, because that is a book I have been buying since forever. disney should just pay sony to put 2 minutes of Blade in their post credit easter egg hunt

IMG_3296.JPG

On 3/3/2021 at 7:09 PM, the blob said:

sure, aside from chasing dracula that is one of his earliest comic appearances, so I hope they mush that in there, because that is a book I have been buying since forever. disney should just pay sony to put 2 minutes of Blade in their post credit easter egg hunt

IMG_3296.JPG

Look closely even morbius is trying to get rid of those ugly goggles:applause:

On 3/2/2021 at 3:34 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Wandavision has caused more books than ever to spike I feel.

First Mephisto, first Grim Reaper, first Agatha Harkness, first Wonder Man, first Nexus, first Modred, first Chthon, first Immortus, first Monica Rambeau, first Darkhold, first Wandas kids, first Arcanna, first SWORD, first White Vision.

All books that you could have had in decent shape for maybe $500-700 if you tried to buy them all. Now? Insanity that people are paying what they are for some of these. Who are these people? Are they thinking they are getting the next big book? Do they not realize in the month or two after Wandavision, more than half those books are gonna plummet hard? Do they see Agatha Harkness and think “oh lord yes my favourite character of all time FINALLY getting her dues!”

Or am I the one missing out 😳

To be fair, Marvel Chillers #1 is still under-priced ~ lol

On 3/1/2021 at 10:34 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Wandavision has caused more books than ever to spike I feel.

First Mephisto, first Grim Reaper, first Agatha Harkness, first Wonder Man, first Nexus, first Modred, first Chthon, first Immortus, first Monica Rambeau, first Darkhold, first Wandas kids, first Arcanna, first SWORD, first White Vision.

All books that you could have had in decent shape for maybe $500-700 if you tried to buy them all. Now? Insanity that people are paying what they are for some of these. Who are these people? Are they thinking they are getting the next big book? Do they not realize in the month or two after Wandavision, more than half those books are gonna plummet hard? Do they see Agatha Harkness and think “oh lord yes my favourite character of all time FINALLY getting her dues!”

Or am I the one missing out 😳

I think you hit it right on the head.  Last week, West Coast Avengers 45 -- a dollar-bin favorite if ever there was one -- sold for $1680 in 9.8 condition.  Now, for that same money, Avengers 57 -- the first-ever Vision appearance -- could have been had in 9.0 or 9.2.  

It's this kind of crazy-stupid behavior that convinces me more than ever that there's a huge spec-bubble just waiting to burst.  And I think it's going to happen in May/June, when resurgence of big cons meets a mostly-COVID-vaccinated group of buyers.