• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four #349 Misprint cover
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I have this issue in original form but also have this other copy that is the exact same yet the colors are very different like it has a bleached look to it. But there is no sign of sun damage and it is in great condition. Very glossy and untouched. It looks like an alternate cover and the details are so perfect and vibrant I rule out the sun damage idea. I’m just here for an opinion and maybe an answer to what this copy is. I can’t find anything online to support this. It’s almost like it was a prototype of some sort.

2D4210F7-4F6B-44F5-BCF0-055CE9729879.jpeg

E48DAB33-5553-45CA-82DF-B4BAB510DFCD.jpeg

Edited by Ag Comicbooks

Welcome to the forums!  As has been said, you would probably have better luck in the copper forum with that particular book.

With that said, if you're certain it's not sun damage my guess is different points in the print run, where one had all fresh ink and the other where one of the colors was starting to run out.  Variations like that are common and not normally considered variants, with a few exceptions like the 70's Sandman #1.

5 hours ago, oakman29 said:

For one thing you are in a magazine forum. You might have better luck in a  comic book thread.

But it looks like one book has weathered some sun fade, as opposed to the darker copy.

The cover has magnificent gloss and vibrancy I’ve had it confirmed at multiple comic shops there is no physical sun damage that is what made me throw it up on here 

4 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Welcome to the forums!  As has been said, you would probably have better luck in the copper forum with that particular book.

With that said, if you're certain it's not sun damage my guess is different points in the print run, where one had all fresh ink and the other where one of the colors was starting to run out.  Variations like that are common and not normally considered variants, with a few exceptions like the 70's Sandman #1.

Yes I only put alternate cover since maybe it could have been a prototype but I definitely think it is a end of the run copy with low ink or something. It is in too good of a condition to have any physical damages. I wish I could provide a video

So no "alternate " cover.

Didn’t necessarily mean an alternate cover since nothing has been recorded for this issue as such. It has been agreed by many comic shop owners to have been made this way just don’t know the answer to what I should do with it that’s why I entered this forum

For one thing you are in a magazine forum. You might have better luck in a  comic book thread.

But it looks like one book has weathered some sun fade, as opposed to the darker copy.

It could be they ran out of paper and switched to a different texture, and maybe the ink was low in the printer, but yeah I'm thinking the color fade has to do with someone leaving it on the kitchen table to long