• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Facsimiles
1 1

13 posts in this topic

What do you guys make of this guy's response to an Ebay message. I personally think people have a right to sell what they want and others should research what they are buying. I mean it's a facsimile, your not going to find a real 181 for that price

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLzDtREhSf5/?igshid=19hk2yew34g6l

1 hour ago, Lightning55 said:

Not one comment about this being ILLEGAL.  The artwork copied does not belong to the seller.  It's just like selling bootleg DVD's and should be shut down immediately, if not long ago.  Maybe I should start copying Picasso paintings for profit.

Picasso is dead so who cares, copy away. Also who cares about some trillion dollar corporation's copyrighted stuff. Like the artists or writers are getting anything for a comic they did 45 years ago? Wein and Trimpe are dead anyway. Everyone who had a hand in creating that comic are dead. why should we care about some trillion dollar corporation owning copyrights on comics and art they had nothing to do with? Screw disney and marvel

8 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

People used to know the difference between right and wrong, honest and dishonest.  In the New America, that's long gone, hardly a memory.  More evidence of it just above.

It all started with those damn participation trophies... "let them all have one, what can it hurt?"... 😑

11 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

Not one comment about this being ILLEGAL.  The artwork copied does not belong to the seller.  It's just like selling bootleg DVD's and should be shut down immediately, if not long ago.  Maybe I should start copying Picasso paintings for profit.

Isn’t the book in question in a CGC slab?  Isn’t it also put out by Marvel?   

???

I assume it’s one of these...(shrug)

871DC5F4-875B-43C0-8AC8-91DBA9217C1F.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

2 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Isn’t the book in question in a CGC slab?  Isn’t it also put out by Marvel?   

???

I assume it’s one of these...(shrug)

871DC5F4-875B-43C0-8AC8-91DBA9217C1F.jpeg

Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant about the rights of giant corporations that leverage all the power they have to own everything at the expense of everyone else.

I agree that there needs to be a crackdown on the privately produced comic reproductions (i.e counterfeit goods) that appear periodically on Ebay. This, however, is a Marvel Facsimile Edition. There's a bunch of them: AF 15; ASM 101, 252*, 347, Annual 21; Avengers 57; Black Knight 1; Cap 117, 354; Daredevil 181; Dazzler 1; Defenders 1; Eternals 1; FF 1, Annual 6; GSXM 1; Hulk 1, 180, 181*, 182... and lots more. They really seem to enjoy selling these, to the detriment of people who fail to pay attention.

* Fun fact. ASM 252 and Hulk 181 both went to 2nd printings in their Facsimile Editions, with different barcodes. As far as I know, those are the only two that have, but... who knows, really?

42 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

* Fun fact. ASM 252 and Hulk 181 both went to 2nd printings in their Facsimile Editions, with different barcodes. As far as I know, those are the only two that have, but... who knows, really?

Here comes the facsimile variant craze.

1 hour ago, MR SigS said:

Here comes the facsimile variant craze.

Hey, I just report on 'em. I've got enough of my own crazy to chase. Seriously, though, I don't have any reason to expect these facsimile edition 2nd printings are significantly rare. Mostly, it's something to keep an eye out for if acquiring one of those books raw, because I assume most people would be sad to unexpectedly have a later printing.