• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn around time, when received or when they get to it?

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I notice that the current turn around time for Economy TCG is now around 56 days. Is the turnaround time expected to start around the time they start the grading process or when the cards are received? I sent a few cards back in December when the turnaround time was around 20+ days and they were received on 12/11 but have not moved since. I sent one for standard and I received it weeks ago but nothing on my Economy cards. I've been seeing the turn around time grow every week since and am starting to wonder if this is normal or if my order has fallen through the cracks. Any insight would be appreciated, thank you. 

• Administrator

It is normal. The estimated time starts when the cards are received. 

When cards are delivered to CGC, they are received and verified very quickly. They are then put in line for grading. You will not see any update from received until they are actually going to the graders. Once they do, things tend to move much more quickly.

Paul

On 3/1/2021 at 7:00 AM, PaulS. said:

When cards are delivered to CGC, they are received and verified very quickly. They are then put in line for grading. You will not see any update from received until they are actually going to the graders. Once they do, things tend to move much more quickly.

Paul

Thats great news, thank you. What options do I have if they were received on 12/11 when the estimated turn around time was close to half of what it currently is and I'm not at around 50 ish days subtracting the holidays and weekends? Is it possible they just got lost in the flood of cards sent? 

Edited by Sebastian Ruiz

On 3/1/2021 at 9:00 AM, PaulS. said:

Paul

right now its about 5-10 days on them marking as received? 
Im currently on day 6 and nothing has been listed yet. 

On 3/1/2021 at 9:00 AM, PaulS. said:

Paul

I had a package with a delivered status arrive to you guys on 02/22. Is it normal for it still not to show up under my submissions yet? I thought the estimate for entering a submission into the system was 5-10 days 

3 hours ago, rpmurray said:

I had a package with a delivered status arrive to you guys on 02/22. Is it normal for it still not to show up under my submissions yet? I thought the estimate for entering a submission into the system was 5-10 days 

Same here. UPS delivered my package on 2/22, still don’t have anything in my submissions tab. I reached out to customer service last week and they said they were processing orders from the week starting 2/22, so I’m still confused as to why it’s not in the system.

On 3/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, Corey J Smith said:

Same here. UPS delivered my package on 2/22, still don’t have anything in my submissions tab. I reached out to customer service last week and they said they were processing orders from the week starting 2/22, so I’m still confused as to why it’s not in the system.

I think I am in the same boat. I believe I mailed priority express at the end of the week of Feb 12, I checked tracking the following week and saw that it arrived at the PO BOX a few days later, and then a few hours after that there was a final update on tracking that said package was DELIVERED.  I hate limbo, but I can honestly say I feel better seeing others have the similar experience so I'm not seeing anything way out of line...   It's our 1st grading submission with cards ever so i hope i didn't mess anything up ..    My cards aren't especially valuable in dollars, but extremely valuable to our family as they span the the timeline of 3 of my sons ranging 15-28 years old  They all have collected / or still collect Pokemon cards and I basically gave them for XMAS opportunity to each pick 25 cards they wanted graded and we would send them in. We had a blast over the following weeks going through their collections which spanned all the way back to the original released set. And it was cool to have my oldest son come over a few times with his old collection and show his younger brothers the stuff they never saw before... We ended up submitting maybe not the best conditioned cards, but ones they wanted to preserve and have in the holder.  The fact that this order is more in sentimental value probably why I'm overly worried.   I don't know how you guys that have 10's of thousands of dollars in cards can go through this trust in the mail all the time haha

Edited by magiconlineshop

I recently submitted two shipments - one I mailed out on February 15, the other on February 26; I sent them USPS Priority Mail. Respectively, they were logged in by CGC as being received on April 14th and April 28, so, roughly, about two months after I shipped them. I know CGC has been overwhelmed with requests during the Pandemic, and they are working on expanding so they can process the orders faster. Until then... We wait. :)

On 3/1/2021 at 10:00 AM, PaulS. said:

Paul

"They are received and verified very quickly." 

You sure about that?

On 5/2/2021 at 8:22 PM, D1118 said:

"They are received and verified very quickly." 

You sure about that?

It’s going to be about two months (not business days) isn’t it? Two months from delivered to the package being opened - not anything else. The site said they were moving onto March 22nd deliveries, but now the site is saying they’re back again on March 15th. 

What? Probably 60 real days, or 40 business days, after delivery to open the package. I’m on business day 32, so only two more weeks.