• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(closed) JBPEZ Sat Evening SA & BA Marvel Slab sale. Only a few to start tonight. More tomorrow! Early ASM and FF
5 5

140 posts in this topic

Daredevil 8

CGC 7.5

Last 7.5 sale was eons ago.

Last 7.0 sale was $150

Last 8.0 sale was $250

So in middle is...$150 (It's the new math)!!!

$150 :news:SOLD!!

dd 8 (2).jpg

dd 8 b (2).jpg

dd 88 back (2).jpg

Edited by jbpez

1 hour ago, gunsmokin said:

So this is really a thing? People report on excess thread krapping? I had no idea.

It's not so much the threadcrapping.   It's not fair to all the other sellers if one thread is continually bumped to the top of the page while no books are being listed.  If this behavior continues, we might have to look into adding a new rule.  

Wait, fair to other sellers? I'm just a new guy, so maybe I missed something...

Am I the only one that looks at ALL new replies on a board since last time I was there. And then if something in that thread title, or what I saw in it earlier, interests me I check it out even if it's not at the top of the board?

7 hours ago, comicdonna said:

It's not so much the threadcrapping.   It's not fair to all the other sellers if one thread is continually bumped to the top of the page while no books are being listed.  If this behavior continues, we might have to look into adding a new rule.  

1 hour ago, xvipah said:

Wait, fair to other sellers? I'm just a new guy, so maybe I missed something...

Am I the only one that looks at ALL new replies on a board since last time I was there. And then if something in that thread title, or what I saw in it earlier, interests me I check it out even if it's not at the top of the board?

I, for one, definitely only ever look at the very top thread on the page. If there isn't something I like in that thread I ignore all the other threads no matter what. I don't care if it says "OMFGOSH X-MEN KEYS CHEAP! GET EM BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND I'M CRAZY! DEALS DEALS DEALS!" ...I ignore it. Not at the very top of the page? TOO BAD! GIT GUD!

5 minutes ago, speedcake said:

I, for one, definitely only ever look at the very top thread on the page. If there isn't something I like in that thread I ignore all the other threads no matter what. I don't care if it says "OMFGOSH X-MEN KEYS CHEAP! GET EM BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND I'M CRAZY! DEALS DEALS DEALS!" ...I ignore it. Not at the very top of the page? TOO BAD! GIT GUD!

The books got to be Solid, Sharp, Gorgeous, Nice, Nice Except for…, Cool, Uncool, Supa-Hawt, Red-Hot, Like Sky-Rockets in Flight, Racist, Inclusive, Reclusive, Progressive, Moderate, Unconstitutional, Existential, Politically Correct, Green, Mega, High Grade, Low Grade, Beat, Reader, Tight, Loose, Fappy, Sexy, Revealing, Key, Semi-Key, Rare, Elusive, Exclusive, Scarce, Like Dog Poo on Your Shoe, etc.

6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

The books got to be Solid, Sharp, Gorgeous, Nice, Nice Except for…, Cool, Uncool, Supa-Hawt, Red-Hot, Like Sky-Rockets in Flight, Racist, Inclusive, Reclusive, Progressive, Moderate, Unconstitutional, Existential, Politically Correct, Green, Mega, High Grade, Low Grade, Beat, Reader, Tight, Loose, Fappy, Sexy, Revealing, Key, Semi-Key, Rare, Elusive, Exclusive, Scarce, Like Dog Poo on Your Shoe, etc.

All those things. But most importantly, let's not forget, at the very top! Yeah baby!

1 minute ago, speedcake said:
7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

All those things. But most importantly, let's not forget, at the very top! Yeah baby!

and let's not forget Cheap, its gotta be Cheap! 

Just now, crassus said:
1 minute ago, speedcake said:
8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

and let's not forget Cheap, its gotta be Cheap! 

It's gotta be 'spensive, or it ain't worth it. :baiting: 

3 minutes ago, adampasz said:

This seems like a non-issue to me. To me, more fun, active sales threads help all sellers.

Maybe if there were hundreds of sales threads going on at the same time, but usually there's how many? About a dozen?

Also, seems like this could be fixed at the software level by adjusting the ranking algorithm. Consider using a time range (last 6 hours?). Within that range, you could even list threads in reverse order of number of posts, to help boost threads with fewer posts. (There's a reason Facebook and Twitter stopped ranking posts simply by newest first...)

THAT'S a PADDLIN | Thats a Paddlin Meme on ME.ME