• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the places to buy Silver Age slabbed comics?
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Can anyone advise on any good places to buy Silver Age graded comics. I know and have used, the usual places like, Comiclink, Comicconnect, Mycomicshop, Ebay, BUT are there others that may be under the radar ?

I've even looked at Heritage which have some excellent items but, with a 20% buyers premium to pay, it just doesn't stack up.

I'm trying to build some diversity into where I buy. If I can't find it here, go there and so on. 

I have found that Mycomicshop are generally overpriced on key issues. Too many consignment items, it seems. 

Comiclink is just a dogfight to win anything, unless you're willing to spend BIG and are blessed with the fastest broadband link on the planet. For me living in UK, success has always been rare here where the US auctions end at 3 or 4am GMT.

Anyway, I'm not affraid to pay good at money for what I really want but, not to walk away feeling as if my pockets been picked or, I've been in the ring with Mike Tyson !!

Your feedback would be invaluable.

Edited by Colin Nash

5 hours ago, Colin Nash said:

I've even looked at Heritage which have some excellent items but, with a 20% buyers premium to pay, it just doesn't stack up.

Speaking of Heritage, if you purchase a book with the "Buy Now" option, are you still assessed the 20% buyer's premium?

1 hour ago, Math Teacher said:

Speaking of Heritage, if you purchase a book with the "Buy Now" option, are you still assessed the 20% buyer's premium?

Based on my one experience with their “Buy Now” or “Make an Offer” options, you are not assessed the 20% buyer’s premium...

https://www.superworldcomics.com/

More raws than slabs usually, but Ted is a great guy to work with.  And if your in New England it's cool taking the drive over and looking at cool books. 

The boards are where I start with everything though. Great people, great prices and there have been so many unique opportunities on here. Books you just don't see everywhere.