• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Man #1
2 2

26 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Comcasthawk said:

Thanks, guys!   Do you think I should get it graded..??

Yep. Have CGC press and clean it too. It’ll probably go up in value. 

Remember this - there are often huge price swings in LOW GRADE keys - for example you might see a CGC 1.8 sell for a chunk more than a CGC 2.5 of the same book, which is primarily due to eye-appeal and presentation.  Faded covers for example are often undesirable. This book will look VERY<3nice in a CGC holder and as long as it is a BLUE LABEL (meaning no restoration) its' value will be on the higher end for sure of similar graded X1s.  I personally don't get caught up in grade differences of 1.8, 2.0 or 2.5 at times because you can definitely command if not rightfully expect more money for a nicer looking copy.  Don't be fooled :ohnoez: by GPA or prior sales of similar grades because it is VERY often about the eye-appeal not the final grade that determines the ultimate value of a blue chip key. I have seen CGC 6.0 X-MEN 1s, which I prefer over 7.0s mainly because the 6.0 looked awesome from the front with a stain on the back cover for example, while the 7.0 did not look nearly as nice but structurally was better..  Good luck..  my 2-cents :preach: