• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men #4
1 1

24 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

6.0  some tanning, center page close to detaching, left front corner scuffed, some minor checks in the spine. 

This.  Also, the staples look like they have oxidation. Or is that just the lighting?  6.0/6.5

8 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

6.0  some tanning, center page close to detaching, left front corner scuffed, some minor checks in the spine. 

You are mistaken.  The cenerfold is very tight on the book.

15 hours ago, Comcasthawk said:

why just a 6.0?

@Glassman10 noted: Tanning, spine stresses, and scuffed upper spine ... AND... I would add, top edge heavily stressed front and back covers, large (4-5”) color-breaking crease lower right FC, cover slightly pulled at both staples.  Hope this helps...

8 hours ago, MPH1964 said:

@Glassman10 noted: Tanning, spine stresses, and scuffed upper spine ... AND... I would add, top edge heavily stressed front and back covers, large (4-5”) color-breaking crease lower right FC, cover slightly pulled at both staples.  Hope this helps...

That's the ten dollar version. I only provided the $4.50 cent version of graders sniping.  Grading in the 6.0 range is actually rather difficult. I missed the color break. Good eye. 

Edited by Glassman10

On 3/1/2021 at 11:38 AM, Glassman10 said:

Excuse me, but there is no  "close to detaching" centerfold.  What you are seeing is the paper pushed out from the process of stapling the book.