• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sticker on Cover - Green or Blue label?

7 posts in this topic

I purchased a book recently that was graded 6.0 blue label - with a note stating “sticker on cover”. The book was removed from the CGC holder before I purchased...and I would like to re-submit.  However I’m concerned it will end up with a Green Qualified label. Any thoughts on this? From what I’ve read it seems Qualified labels are the norm with stickers...interested to know how this book received  blue label if this is normally the case?  Interested to see what people think. Thanks 

AF0CB064-4B29-46B6-9623-C00ED199FEA5.jpeg

My thoughts are it should be relatively easy to have the sticker removed and without it the book will grade higher.

Unless the sticker was placed there to hide a tape pull.

Edited by shadroch

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

My thoughts are it should be relatively easy to have the sticker removed and without it the book will grade higher.

Unless the sticker was placed there to hide a tape pull.

Unfortunately can’t remove the sticker; looking at it closely, if I remove it will create a pull...

43 minutes ago, sgbowker said:

Unfortunately can’t remove the sticker; looking at it closely, if I remove it will create a pull...

I didn't suggest that you remove the sticker. I suggested you have the sticker removed.

There are dozens of people who do this for a living, and I've done many myself. If it weren't such an expensive book, I'd simply suggest you go to youtube and do it yourself with a hairdryer, but as it is, just get a comic restorer to do it for you. 

15 hours ago, sgbowker said:

I purchased a book recently that was graded 6.0 blue label - with a note stating “sticker on cover”. The book was removed from the CGC holder before I purchased...and I would like to re-submit.  However I’m concerned it will end up with a Green Qualified label. Any thoughts on this? From what I’ve read it seems Qualified labels are the norm with stickers...interested to know how this book received  blue label if this is normally the case?  Interested to see what people think. Thanks

Wait, can you explain this? Did someone give you a picture of it CGC'd, but you bought it raw?

10 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Wait, can you explain this? Did someone give you a picture of it CGC'd, but you bought it raw?

Yes, the book was out of the holder but came with the label. I checked the CGC certification number and grader notes before buying and everything lined up. I was ok with it as my intention was to remove the sticker and clean and press...but upon closer inspection I can see that removing the sticker will definitely result in a pull. So, best option at this point is to clean & press as is and re-submit. But...concerned about getting a green label now

On 2/28/2021 at 6:27 PM, sgbowker said:

On 2/28/2021 at 7:25 PM, shadroch said:

I didn't suggest that you remove the sticker. I suggested you have the sticker removed.

There are dozens of people who do this for a living, and I've done many myself. If it weren't such an expensive book, I'd simply suggest you go to youtube and do it yourself with a hairdryer, but as it is, just get a comic restorer to do it for you. 

That is definitely a pro job but that can be done and probably still retain a blue label.