• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craziest slabbed book I've ever seen
1 1

26 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ttfitz said:

wondered whether the slabber even noticed what they had:

I'm am guessing the slabber knew what they had because of the serial number ending in "001".   Just a guess. 

1 minute ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I'm am guessing the slabber knew what they had because of the serial number ending in "001".   Just a guess. 

Not being a slabbing person, I guess I'm unaware of the significance of this?

When I showed my daughter, she said, "That seems like a silly one to slab. You can't even see the cool thing about it!" which I agreed with, so I wondered if they had even noticed.

Edited by ttfitz

Just now, ttfitz said:
2 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The slabber may have only submitted this one book, resulting in a "001".  Let me check if there is a "002". 

1 minute ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
2 minutes ago, ttfitz said:
4 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The slabber may have only submitted this one book, resulting in a "001".  Let me check if there is a "002". 

There is no 1972917002, just a https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/1972917001/ 

So I am assuming the submitter knew the significance of this book as it was the lone book in the submission. 

10 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I would argue that this is really Tech 106 and not an Action 96 since the majority of the book is Tech 106! 

I was just going to say the same thing.  If I myself put a random cover on the book wouldn't they call it a Tec 106?  Now when the person submitted did they submit it as an Action or a Tech?

21 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

There is no 1972917002, just a https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/1972917001/ 

So I am assuming the submitter knew the significance of this book as it was the lone book in the submission. 

Why can't someone just slab their Action Comics #91?  (shrug)

I'm not saying that the submitter didn't know what he or she had, but to me, the absence of the 002 doesn't necessarily prove anything here.

Maybe they couldn't find their Action #92, so only submitted the #91.  Maybe their Detective #106 with the Action #92 interiors was in such rough shape that they decided to keep it raw.

1 hour ago, masterlogan2000 said:

Maybe they couldn't find their Action #92, so only submitted the #91.  Maybe their Detective #106 with the Action #92 interiors was in such rough shape that they decided to keep it raw.

Love this. lol

2 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

I would argue that this is really Tech 106 and not an Action 96 since the majority of the book is Tech 106! 

Yeah, it made me laugh that it said this:

image.png.bc8ec6d3d471e1e5c81cb29a45cc08e6.png

Yeah, I don't think so. lol

Back in 2007, (damn, that's 14 years ago!) Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America #3 had the interiors of issue #4 - dealers received that in their preview stack from Diamond.  There were about 1,000 of these produced.  Here's a list of interesting errors that are known...

https://recalledcomics.com/FallenSonTheDeathOfCaptainAmerica4Error.php

7 hours ago, JazzMan said:

Back in 2007, (damn, that's 14 years ago!) Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America #3 had the interiors of issue #4 - dealers received that in their preview stack from Diamond.  There were about 1,000 of these produced.  Here's a list of interesting errors that are known...

https://recalledcomics.com/FallenSonTheDeathOfCaptainAmerica4Error.php

Thanks, interesting to kno 

13 hours ago, JazzMan said:

There was something similar that happened with a book from DC, Wastelands. From Wikipedia:

"In a famous mix-up, issue #5 was originally released with the cover meant for issue #6. Besides bearing the wrong issue number, this meant that Freeman, credited on the cover, didn't actually appear in the initial release of that issue, and also made nonsense of the issue's letter column. Issue #5 was reprinted the following week with the correct cover (by Freeman) and the next month, issue 6 came out with a blank white cover, "The Real No. 6" where the issue number would normally appear, and a text piece on the inside cover explaining what had happened."