• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just stopping by to say "Hi" and a public service announcement
5 5

48 posts in this topic

I know this is going to be a hard fight for you, but judging by your attitude and determination, I think it is one you will win.

Thank you for sharing with us, and please bring us your updates if you want to and feel up to it.

Fight like hell, John. We're pulling for you.

14 hours ago, CycloneComics said:

It has been awhile since I have posted on the boards...it seems I have lost interest in the hobby and have auctioned off some books over the past year or so.My Dad passing away...my daughter getting sick (see below)....the company I worked at for 28 being sold and working for the company that bought ours....Life just got really really busy.I had decided to clear out most of my collection via auction comiclink/heritage  except for some that I am leaving for my kids.

Well my snails pace to clear it out has come to a stop.

This is where the public service announcement comes in.

Cancer has decided to pick a fight with me...A fight it will not win.

I have Cancer from HPV which seems to be a cancer (head and neck) that is picking up speed in men from ages about 40 and up who have not been vaccinated. Luckily for me mine isn't in my head,only in my throat.

I will say this though and it is for anyone reading this...if you or your partner have young kids and they have never been vaccinated against HPV then I would suggest you have that conversation.Not saying you should or shouldn't...at least do some research and have that conversation.

My daughter got the HPV vaccine in the 2nd year of highschool...she suffered a vaccine injury because of it...Health Canada had to be contacted and she had to go to a clinic in Toronto for about a year to have all the toxins removed from her body.She is now fully recovered and healthy.

I will be getting treatment in London Ontario for about 7 weeks which will include 35 radiation treatments (google Radiation mask for fun) as well as chemo spread out over the 7 weeks.

The treatment will leave me with no blood in my jawbone so if in the future I ever have to have a tooth pulled (it will not heal and will get infected) it will not end well...Bone will have to be removed from my leg and have new jaw made...I am told it is a 13 hr surgery.

I might lose some hearing and will have a dry mouth for the rest of my life.

I also had to have Flouride plates made so that I can apply Flouride gel to my teeth every day for the rest of my life.

At the end of my treatment I might lose the ability to swallow so I might have to have a feeding tube in my nose or stomach....I will fight like hell and do the  exercises so that I don't have to have a feeding tube.

Now to the "Hi" part

Thank you to Jim, Andy and Roy for being such good friends over the years at the conventions.

To those that participated in the lottery draw pick a number based on a comicbook title and issue...I wish we would have won because it would have made one hell of a story how we picked our numbers.

I am proudest to have contributed to many of the charitable causes for members that need help over the years.

Those in the comicbook collecting hobby are good human beings.

If this helps one person not to have to go through the hell I am about to step into I have achieved my goal.

John W. McArthur

formerly Cyclone Comic books

I

Thoughts and prayers 

Whoa -- prayers and good wishes your way, John, and an impassioned hope for your recovery.  I really appreciate what you said here, both for other people's health and for the moral goodness you're thankful for.  I am too -- which means I'm grateful for this post and your honesty in sharing your journey.  God bless.

Dan

15 hours ago, CycloneComics said:

It has been awhile since I have posted on the boards...it seems I have lost interest in the hobby and have auctioned off some books over the past year or so.My Dad passing away...my daughter getting sick (see below)....the company I worked at for 28 being sold and working for the company that bought ours....Life just got really really busy.I had decided to clear out most of my collection via auction comiclink/heritage  except for some that I am leaving for my kids.

Well my snails pace to clear it out has come to a stop.

This is where the public service announcement comes in.

Cancer has decided to pick a fight with me...A fight it will not win.

I have Cancer from HPV which seems to be a cancer (head and neck) that is picking up speed in men from ages about 40 and up who have not been vaccinated. Luckily for me mine isn't in my head,only in my throat.

I will say this though and it is for anyone reading this...if you or your partner have young kids and they have never been vaccinated against HPV then I would suggest you have that conversation.Not saying you should or shouldn't...at least do some research and have that conversation.

My daughter got the HPV vaccine in the 2nd year of highschool...she suffered a vaccine injury because of it...Health Canada had to be contacted and she had to go to a clinic in Toronto for about a year to have all the toxins removed from her body.She is now fully recovered and healthy.

I will be getting treatment in London Ontario for about 7 weeks which will include 35 radiation treatments (google Radiation mask for fun) as well as chemo spread out over the 7 weeks.

The treatment will leave me with no blood in my jawbone so if in the future I ever have to have a tooth pulled (it will not heal and will get infected) it will not end well...Bone will have to be removed from my leg and have new jaw made...I am told it is a 13 hr surgery.

I might lose some hearing and will have a dry mouth for the rest of my life.

I also had to have Flouride plates made so that I can apply Flouride gel to my teeth every day for the rest of my life.

At the end of my treatment I might lose the ability to swallow so I might have to have a feeding tube in my nose or stomach....I will fight like hell and do the  exercises so that I don't have to have a feeding tube.

Now to the "Hi" part

Thank you to Jim, Andy and Roy for being such good friends over the years at the conventions.

To those that participated in the lottery draw pick a number based on a comicbook title and issue...I wish we would have won because it would have made one hell of a story how we picked our numbers.

I am proudest to have contributed to many of the charitable causes for members that need help over the years.

Those in the comicbook collecting hobby are good human beings.

If this helps one person not to have to go through the hell I am about to step into I have achieved my goal.

John W. McArthur

formerly Cyclone Comic books

I

John, fight hard every day. I have two male age 50+ friends who have beaten this type of cancer back (throat /neck/jaw from HPV) and the thing they both have in common is that they fought hard. One of them is back on radiation and chemo after several years in remission.  It is not easy, that is for sure. Thank you for your courage and your message.

--Sean.