• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just stopping by to say "Hi" and a public service announcement
5 5

48 posts in this topic

Best of luck to you -and Chase -  and anyone else who is fighting cancer.

My wife just lost her uncle to a blood cancer due to an accident in the house which caused him to lose too much blood - I imagine he must have been on strong blood thinners.

So not only best of luck but be careful while fighting it.

We don’t know each other, but people having their lives impacted by cancer tend to gravitate toward one another.  My wife survived breast cancer before we met...her older sister did not.  That was thirty years ago so I never met her.  Close friends, family, perfect strangers...everyone I’ve known, or known of, fought hard and had faith.  I’m one to inject humor into less-humorous situations, so here it is....

God bless and fight the good fight. 

D582B1A4-5067-4F1C-844B-3D346F489F5E.jpeg

22 hours ago, CycloneComics said:

It has been awhile since I have posted on the boards...it seems I have lost interest in the hobby and have auctioned off some books over the past year or so.My Dad passing away...my daughter getting sick (see below)....the company I worked at for 28 being sold and working for the company that bought ours....Life just got really really busy.I had decided to clear out most of my collection via auction comiclink/heritage  except for some that I am leaving for my kids.

Well my snails pace to clear it out has come to a stop.

This is where the public service announcement comes in.

Cancer has decided to pick a fight with me...A fight it will not win.

I have Cancer from HPV which seems to be a cancer (head and neck) that is picking up speed in men from ages about 40 and up who have not been vaccinated. Luckily for me mine isn't in my head,only in my throat.

I will say this though and it is for anyone reading this...if you or your partner have young kids and they have never been vaccinated against HPV then I would suggest you have that conversation.Not saying you should or shouldn't...at least do some research and have that conversation.

My daughter got the HPV vaccine in the 2nd year of highschool...she suffered a vaccine injury because of it...Health Canada had to be contacted and she had to go to a clinic in Toronto for about a year to have all the toxins removed from her body.She is now fully recovered and healthy.

I will be getting treatment in London Ontario for about 7 weeks which will include 35 radiation treatments (google Radiation mask for fun) as well as chemo spread out over the 7 weeks.

The treatment will leave me with no blood in my jawbone so if in the future I ever have to have a tooth pulled (it will not heal and will get infected) it will not end well...Bone will have to be removed from my leg and have new jaw made...I am told it is a 13 hr surgery.

I might lose some hearing and will have a dry mouth for the rest of my life.

I also had to have Flouride plates made so that I can apply Flouride gel to my teeth every day for the rest of my life.

At the end of my treatment I might lose the ability to swallow so I might have to have a feeding tube in my nose or stomach....I will fight like hell and do the  exercises so that I don't have to have a feeding tube.

Now to the "Hi" part

Thank you to Jim, Andy and Roy for being such good friends over the years at the conventions.

To those that participated in the lottery draw pick a number based on a comicbook title and issue...I wish we would have won because it would have made one hell of a story how we picked our numbers.

I am proudest to have contributed to many of the charitable causes for members that need help over the years.

Those in the comicbook collecting hobby are good human beings.

If this helps one person not to have to go through the hell I am about to step into I have achieved my goal.

John W. McArthur

formerly Cyclone Comic books

I

DAMN, man !

39 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Last time I went to the dentist they said to have something looked at...

Haven't done it yet

Hopefully this lites a fire under me...

Prayers

It is normal to feel that way, I know. No one wants bad news. FWIW, a vast majority of the time the sooner something unusual is known and dealt with, the better chance of getting through the ordeal as treatment options are more likely to be successful. With my NHL, I knew about 8 to 9 months prior that something did not feel right, but I did not want to say anything as I made all kinds of excuses (it's probably this, probably that, it will go away, etc.). In hindsight, if I would have said something sooner then the cancer would have possibly only been in the lymph nodes in my groin area and I maybe would have only had to undergo 6 to 8 treatments as opposed to years of treatments off and on. However, by the time I was too sick to think straight, the lymphoma had already spread higher to other lymph nodes in my body.

A perspective no one wants to hear and I totally get it. I'm in "remission" for the fourth time, and I still freak out for good reason when something doesn't feel right. I just know now that I need to draw attention to it whether I want to or not because that amount of time delaying can truly make a difference.

26 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

It is normal to feel that way, I know. No one wants bad news. FWIW, a vast majority of the time the sooner something unusual is known and dealt with, the better chance of getting through the ordeal as treatment options are more likely to be successful. With my NHL, I knew about 8 to 9 months prior that something did not feel right, but I did not want to say anything as I made all kinds of excuses (it's probably this, probably that, it will go away, etc.). In hindsight, if I would have said something sooner then the cancer would have possibly only been in the lymph nodes in my groin area and I maybe would have only had to undergo 6 to 8 treatments as opposed to years of treatments off and on. However, by the time I was too sick to think straight, the lymphoma had already spread higher to other lymph nodes in my body.

A perspective no one wants to hear and I totally get it. I'm in "remission" for the fourth time, and I still freak out for good reason when something doesn't feel right. I just know now that I need to draw attention to it whether I want to or not because that amount of time delaying can truly make a difference.

With me...I woke up at about 5am on a sunday morning in October with a huge long lump on my neck (lymph nodes)..sore throat and a cough...I was in emergency by 5:30 am and being looked at by 6 am.

I was asked at the time if "I thought it was a good reason to come to emergency"

Well ...uh ya the Cancer diagnosis proved it....

I could have not went but by the 1st week of December everytime I swallowed it felt like someone was punching me in the throat...I would have gone then... but then the diagnosis would have been a few months from now.

Bottom line is if there is something wrong get it looked at...could be a matter of life and death

On 2/28/2021 at 8:53 PM, CycloneComics said:

Thank you to Jim, Andy and Roy for being such good friends over the years at the conventions.

Wow, I'm speechless.

I know you have faith. It's my belief that everything, literally EVERYTHING happens for a reason and there is a lesson in it all.

Reach out any time.

14 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Wow, I'm speechless.

I know you have faith. It's my belief that everything, literally EVERYTHING happens for a reason and there is a lesson in it all.

Reach out any time.

Johnny...all the best to you and your family.  Everything is gonna work out and I totally believe you are going to give it hell!!!!

If there is anything you ever need or want please don't ever hesitate to ask.

Jim

I would be remiss if I also didn’t mention Kevin Boyd...Kevin you always went out of your way to help me at conventions...picking stuff up so I could pick it up at a convention...all for a low low cost of some Coca Cola...I believe it was a case of Coke zero.You are a good man Kevin and Thank You.

On 3/2/2021 at 6:10 PM, CycloneComics said:

I would be remiss if I also didn’t mention Kevin Boyd...Kevin you always went out of your way to help me at conventions...picking stuff up so I could pick it up at a convention...all for a low low cost of some Coca Cola...I believe it was a case of Coke zero.You are a good man Kevin and Thank You.

@Kevin Boyd